Re: Mouth pain

Thank you.

Jane Gurney

Thank you

Kaisa

Hi Jane 

I've had 3 rounds of EC and mouth felt like it was burned, taste changed too - at one time all I could taste was pickled herring (which I love but not 24/7!). I use Biotene or Wisdom toothpaste for dry mouth plus their mouth gel and mouth wash - it has really helped! I have gel by my bed and use it if I wake up because of my dry sore mouth. There are other brands as well. I also suck on a mixture of mints or take an icelolly/ice-cream when needed. 

Hope this helps you 😊

Jaybro

Hi

I remember that only too well, when food tastes of salt and feels like slime - ugh. I was fortunate to be able to see a medical herbalist through The Haven ( which unfortunately has closed during the pandemic) and she prescribed a mouthwash which is made from infused dried marigold petals. I found it really helped. The hospital stuff was way too strong for a mouth that had been stripped of its lining. I’ve just checked and you can buy it online from a lot of places.

You just steep a tablespoon of dried petals in a teapot for 10 minutes (I bought a cheap infuser that is perfect - yes I’m still using the mouthwash), strain it and swill your mouth for 30 seconds, once it’s cooled down. The strained petals can be used as a temporary dressing for ulcers. I can’t say it revolutionised things but it helped. 

Good luck with your treatment. It can be foul but it’s time-limited and manageable - and best of all, it’s killing those rogue cells for you.

Jan x

Jane Gurney

Mouth pain

Only 10 days in on Round 1 EC-T but I feel as though I have eaten a wasps nest.  Mouth so sore, constant pain in my jaw and teeth.  It's excruciating. 

Have mouthwash from the hospital and dentally prescribed toothpaste.  Any other tips?