cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seroma? 2 weeks since mx

3 REPLIES 3
ollybobs

Re: Seroma? 2 weeks since mx

Thanks for your comments ladies. I called my BCN yesterday morning and she asked me to go into clinic. They drained off 300ml what a relief. I hadn’t realised how much it had swollen until it went flat again. She told me it was very common and nothing to worry about.
Avibaby

Me too! Me too!

I am 10 days out from my lumpectomy/SNB and my surgeon had to remove 90 cc from my lymph node area.

Not much reprieve, however, swelling is still happening and think that I will be in there next week for more aspiration.

avibaby

Appletree

I was told that build up of fluid after a lumpectomy or mastectomy is very common. There is a Breast Cancer Care booklet, 'Operation and Recovery,' which explains about seromas. The hospital should have given you a point of contact should you have any concerns, either the ward where you had your surgery done, a hospital wound clinic, or a breast care nurse. You would be wise to contact one of them, or see your GP. Apparently, in some cases such a swelling will go down of its own accord, but some patients need assistance to drain the fluid if there is a large build up. I did. 

I would have it checked.

ollybobs

Seroma? 2 weeks since mx

Hello.
Two weeks ago I had my left mx. Today I have noticed a small swelling above the scar area. Is this a seroma? The fluid is very wobbly and not painful to touch but do get the odd twinge from it. Do I need to do anything special in order to avoid it getting worse. Many thanks. Helen xx