Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So this is me

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: So this is me

Hi Tili and to all that are reading this

Well here I am waiting for things to happen, good news on the Oncotype DX testing results I do not now need chemo, so just radio and meds. This now brings me to my here I am waiting, was told on Tuesday my results by my BCN now waiting for my Oncology appointment. Again putting things on hold I am being to really hate cancer it totally ruins everything, I feel like my emotions are on an elastic band being pulled up and down. 

I wonder what today is going to bring me, I know at some point this part of my life will be past and not present. Well I guess I better pull my self up by my bra straps and get on with my day. To quote my fav comedy programme Maranda "Such Fun".

Hope your day goes well. Big Hugs Purple Lady xxx

Highlighted

Happy Sunday Purple Lady and all the other lovely ladies out there’s.

hope we all have a lovely restful day.

I have my dates for radiotherapy starting on 17th February....also have been given Tamoxifen, however decided one treatment at a time medication is in the draw at the moment will get my head around that after radio not sure if this is right or wrong ?

All the waiting around for results and appointments is so unfair and unsettling for us and our family. However, chin up we are the women of the world and we can do this.

love and big hugs Tili 👍😀

Highlighted

Hi Tili                                                                                                                                                      Thank you I hope you are coping well, you are right you have to take one day at a time. 

Hugs Purple Lady xx

Highlighted

Hi Jan                                                                                                                                                        Sorry I did not reply straight away been trying to get some routine back into my life, went out for a walk over the weekend wow that was very tiring. Still doing my exercises, trying some knitting now not to bad. Now it's the waiting game for my next appointment for my pending treatment. I understand things take time I am just fed up that I have to put some of my life on hold.                                                                  I hope you are coping alright. Speak to you soon. Take care. Purple Lady x

Highlighted

Purple Lady, lots of happiness to you. I’m at the same stage as you, however hopefully starting radio in the next few weeks. One day at a time.

hugs Tili xx

Highlighted

So pleased you're ‘happy’ with your news, Purple Lady. The uncertainty is awful. The great thing is they can now tailor your treatment programme to the new results. Whatever the treatment, with your positive attitude, you’ll get through it. We all do. We just have to find our different ways. I’m a knitter and embroiderer and I’ve just taught myself to crochet. I can’t yet hold a fine needle (PN) but knitting is great for exercising the hand pain (HT) away (crochet just makes it worse lol). I tried quilting but the results weren’t fast enough for me so gave up too easily.

Happy sewing and all the best with your treatment.

Jan x

Highlighted

So this is me

I had my results yesterday from my Lumpectomy and Lymph nodes biopsy, Good news Nodes came back clear and I had a clear margin. Now there is a but I have grade 3 cancer cells which means they are fast at growing, so they are now testing my cancer cells again. when I was diagnosed I was told 1cm in size   grade 2, early stage, stimulated by osestrogen (ER+). So now they are deciding which treatment is best for me.                                                                                                                                                      I now have collection of letters for hospital appointments dating from the 9th Dec, and more to come. I left hospital yesterday very happy that my cancer had not spread. Today I had to explain to my manager who was very supportive, so I am taking more time off work to recovery from my surgery and prepare for my soon to be treatment. So this is me on a rollercoaster ride of emotions.                             I am going to fill some of my time with my sewing I make quilts. I hope who ever reads this gets good news too, if not please don't forget your not on your own we are together,we are here for you. 

Good luck All. Big Hugs Purple Lady xxx