Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split nails

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Split nails

Hi Christine

I've been using it for a couple of months now. My nails are abit better. I think not using nail varnish is part of that, and keeping nails really short. Whether the oil is helping or not, is hard to tell. I do think it maybe drying out my cuticles though😢

I think  using a hand moisturiser is just as effective.

Let me know what you think.

Sue x 

Highlighted

I have just started using the Vitamin E oil by Sally Hansen but I assume it will be a few months before I will know if it helps. I have previously used a product from Lush which is a cuticle and nail cream but I didn't notice any benefits over the weeks I used it. Hoping the oil will be better.

Anyone know how long it takes for the oil etc to take effect? 

Highlighted

I'm using Evonail to protect my nails through chemo and for six months after

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Ladies 

I find the nail oil is helping as previously mentioned. (found on Amazon) Basically keeping the nails moisturised does help. I've avoided all nail varnish at present because it is drying out my nails, and I keep them as short as possible.

Hope this  helps. Any other ideas gratefully received!

Sue x 

Highlighted

Hi

I had chemo that finished nearly 12 months ago and Herceptin finished in February but in the last two or three months my finger nails are splitting too. I am on Letrozole and Zoladex for the last 6 months. I have used nail strengthening nail varnish but they haven't helped. The only thing I can do is keep my nails short. Toe nails are also not brilliant but less of a problem.

Would be interesting to know if anyone has found anything that helps. I really don't want to take any more supplements. I am already on vitamin D and taking Turmeric for joint pain. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi 

I'm currently trying Sally Hansen nail oil, which I found on Amazon. I'll let you know how I get on. Its just finger nails that are the problem for me. I use nail varnish to cover them, but I don't think that's helping. 

Sue xx 

Highlighted

I have trouble with my fingernails after one dose of chemo and 18 rounds of Herceptin. They grow but just flake or break for no reason. Toenails are just as bad, I stubbed my big toe and the nail split right down the middle. Any advice welcome.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Chemo was TC, 2 years ago. .... Don't know more than that. Haven't had anything since.
Highlighted

Have you been on Taxol?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Split nails

Hi Ladies
Wondering if anyone has any tips for split nails? I finished chemo over 2 years ago and have been on letrozole and zoladex since. The splitting seems to have come on during the last couple of months.
Thanks in advance
Sue xx