Tamoxifen - Uterine Cancer

I wondered if anyone could help reassure me please…I’ll try to keep this brief but the history is as follows…
2009 diagnosed with Breast Cancer, had surgery, chemo radiotherapy and Tamifen for 6 years. I was forewarned at the time that they could cause cancer of the uterus.
Fast forward to 18 months ago, October 16. I had a US scan as had to have an emergency appendectomy, they picked up that the lining of my uterus was thicker than it should be 8mm, when it should be 4mm. I stopped the Tamoxifen immediately and I was assured by the hospital that there was nothing to worry about.
I wanted to go back on the pills so requested that they check me again. had a intervaginal Ultrasound and was advised the lining had reduced to 6mm, so felt somewhat reassured that there was nothing untoward going on. Five days later I started bleeding heavily, with the most excruciating stomach cramps. I’ve had to go to my GP’s to get tablets to stop the excessive bleeding. My last menstrual cycle was 8 1/2 yrs ago after my second chemo session.
I called the consultants secretary yesterday to see if they had got the results back, she told me she was not allowed to tell me anything when I asked if if they could see anything. I was hoping to hear that there were fibroids or something relatively innocent rather than cancer. She tried to reassure me saying if anything had been of concern they would have contacted you by now, but that they will be arranging a hysteroscopy as a matter of procedure to ensure everything is well and benign.

I then got a phone call within the hour by someone booking me in for a hysteroscopy, I’m really scared and wondered if anyone could tell me their thoughts. 
I’m obviously concerned does anyone have any experience they could share to help reassure me in some way?
Thank you

Hi Stellam,

It’s just probably that your phone call prompted the secretary to check about the hysteroscopy, then one of the admin team got back to you about it.

As ever, these sort of things are anxiety provoking & inevitably we then tend to read things into it to fill the gaps, when most likely, they were just doing their job in making sure the hysteroscopy was sorted out there & then.  Nothing could be confirmed until after the hysteroscopy anyway & chances are, all’s well as has already been intimated. 

Hope it’s all sorted out soon for you

ann x