cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Tips for side-effects of FEC

5 REPLIES 5
Chaffinch17

Re: Top Tips for side-effects of FEC

Hope that by now you have come through the other side Jules x I found Emend and metaclopramide helped and I usually came out the other side after a week each time. Eating a few almonds also helped when I had the hollow empty feeling. Wishing you well x
nicky333

hi, i had fec treatment and the best one me and a friend found who was very nausea was metoclopramide also i had to have omeprazole everday in the morning which i have to still take now or else i couldnt eat or drink anything. you have done great to finish 4 sessions of docetaxol i was very poorly on that hope this helps.x

Anniej
Community Champion

Hi Jules, we are all so very different, aren't we? The new wonder drug Akyzneo was hopeless for me and affected my kidneys. I reverted back to Emend which I wasn't sick on at all. You shouldn't be sick, and as this is a continuing problem I would definitely tell your unit. I took my anti nausea meds regularly, same with pain meds. It's no use taking them when you feel sick. Keep on top of it all. I made Ginger bics before my treatment with great chunks of crystallised ginger in. I took a box of these to bed for nighttime sickness. I also had lots of cold water with ice. Kept a flask bedside too. Made my mouth feel fresh and got rid of the yucky feeling. I found some strong smelling foods made me feel sick, so on those days I kept to bland food. Also, anything crisp and crunchy helped. Like the biscuits, toast, apples, nuts. My hubby bought in loads of different mints, plus liquorice for when I was constipated. This damn disease just keeps on giving! Unfortunately I don't think milk based products, including goat, is particularly wonderful when dealing with nausea. I know I never felt like having a milky drink, or yogurt etc when I was having chemo. I assumed my body was telling me something. Good luck. X

Unicorngirlmummy

Hi Jules, the sickness is just awful on that. As Butterfly says, call your unit and let them know. They can give you something to help and they definitely wouldn’t want you to be so sick. They will also give you akynzeo or emmend an hour before your next one which really helps. I was sent to A&E after my first AC as the vomiting was so bad. Having the akynzeo really helped but you have to take it before the chemo. I know you won’t feel like it but try and sip water so that you don’t get dehydrated. I hope you feel more human soon and I hope you’ve been given another anti sickness to help. Xx
Butterflyflyfree

Hi Jules, ring your BCN or the hotline and tell them how you’ve been. They won’t want you to be suffering needlessly. There are loads of anti sickness meds you can try which will hopefully make you feel better.
Try ginger drinks for the nausea in the meantime?
Good luck. Xx
Jules_91

Top Tips for side-effects of FEC

Hi All,

I have just finished 4 sessions of Docetaxol and am now on FEC.  I am finding the side-effects of FEC quite hard to deal with.  The nausea is not waning much and I am going to the bathroom frequently. I am being a good patient and taking the anti-nausea medication I just wondered what else I can do to help my stomach issues. I drink peppermint tea, eat goat's yoghurt and have eliminated coffee from my diet, but I have been sick with nausea for 5 days now and it is getting exhausting. Please let me know if you found anything that helped.

Thanks.

Julie