Which Deodorant to use?

Hi. 3 weeks ago I had a single mastectomy and node biopsy. My breast care nurse recommended that I used a wholly natural deodorant which was a roll on and not an anti perspirant. I’m struggling to find one and wondered what everyone else was using? I’m also worried about body odour.
Up to now I have been using a Simple one but just noticed this morning that it is an anti perspirant. 

Do I also have to use wholly natural body wash, shampoo and conditioner? 
Also does anyone know if I have to use this forever or just until I’m healed. 
Sorry for all the questions!
Many thanks xx 

Hi LBow

Holland and Barrett do a crystal deodorant by Salt of the Earth, about £4. You’ll find most health stores stock something similar. I’ve used a crystal deodorant for maybe 6 years and it doesn’t even seem to have reduced in size. You just wet the end and rub it into your skin. It dries quickly, there’s no smell, no stickiness and I’ve found it works effectively. 

My b-c nurse seemed quite happy with this.

There’s no convincing evidence that there’s a link between parabens and breast cancer and my nurse never even mentioned it. It was friends who did. When I asked, it was dismissed as unimportant. I chose to use Simple products because they suited me and I only went back to my usual Jo Malone stuff after all my treatments had finished.  

I would stick with what your b-c nurse recommends for now. What products you use will depend on what lies ahead. If you have chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy, you will need some additional moisturisation - dehydrated skin is vulnerable - and will need to steer clear of oil-based products during radiotherapy but usually you’ll have things prescribed or recommended. In any case, your scar will need a lot of tlc - I still use Aqueous BP on mine twice daily, a year later.

Good luck with whatever lies ahead x

I was advised to use a zero aluminium one . Got one from Sanex. You can get in Holland and Barrett but soooo pricey