Anyone on Gemcarbo

Hi just wondering if anyone is on this treatment. Just started it yesterday. 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 

Linda 

Hi Linda,

I am not on this treatment and do hope others will let you know their personal experiences.

I just wanted to wish you all the very very best with it.

Lots of love to you xxxxxxxxxx 

Hi Linda, all I know about this treatment you are on is that it can cause nutrapenia so take you temp every day.

ramade x

Good luck, Lindyloo, with your new treatment. Always a worry  but your medical team will be doing their very very best for you. ? 

Morning,

I’m on this, I am just on the rest week of my second cycle. The worst side effects I have had are constipation and a sore mouth which is awful. I have been given Difflam mouthwash but it’s hardly touching it so I’m going to contact my GP today to see if they can prescribe something else.

My bloods and Neutraphils are dropping too which I believe is common so I’m trying hard to rest as I don’t want any delays in treatment. My advice would be to drink as much as you can to flush it through your system and rest as much as possible. I hope it’s kind to you.

Take care, Mandy x

I am not, but hopefully other members who are about to embark on this course of treatment will feel a bit more at ease as well like you do.