Did you mean: 

Care Oncology Clinic and repurposing of offpatent drugs

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Care Oncology Clinic and repurposing of offpatent drugs

Thank you x

Highlighted

Honestly - i do not remember the cost of consultation. Initial one may be £300. They like to review 3 monthly but in my case as I did not take their medication religiously and as I did not take it on chemo days I have excess stock so I make it less often. Cost of medication is about £100 per 3 months. 

Highlighted

Thank you for your help. Do you mind mexasking about costs of consultation, meds etc? How often do tgey lihexto review etc.

Highlighted

Yes they offer virtual consultation.

I do not remember asking for any additional info , I believe they have some which I might have already come across before getting in touch with them- I forgot. I have not discussed it much with the consultant, I just informed her that I am doing their protocol.

Highlighted

Thank you for your replies Annie and Anotherone.

I hope you dont mind but I have questions and the website doesn't give a lot of info. Did you call and speak to someone for more info before making your first appointment? Im looking for detailed info on what they offer to take to my consultant.  Also info on cost.

Its a big trip for me to get to London. Do you know if they do virtual videocall type of consultations?

Highlighted

• Hi I started on their protocol a couple of weeks ago. I had an hour consultation with a qualified and experienced oncologist. It seems worth a try to me! My NHS oncologist said there is no conflict with my Fulvestrant/ Ribociclib
Highlighted

I have been on it since August. Not much to report- just taking medication - no side effects of note. You may want to research as there are many other repurposed drugs that can be used for their anticancer properties and that do not form part of COC protocol - dipiridamole , chloroquine , lotaridone , propranolol and some others.

No idea how effective they are.

Highlighted

Helllo there and thanks for reply. I found an old thread about 'COC protocol' but none of those members have been active recently.

Ive seen the clinic website and read about their research study but first hand experience would be really interesting. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

I think there is a thread somewhere about this, but I haven’t been able to source it. There was also a mention some time ago in the Telegraph about this. Know it’s not a medical journal, but interesting. I’ll keep hunting. X

Highlighted

Care Oncology Clinic and repurposing of offpatent drugs

Hello.

Does anyone have experience of this clinic or of using repurposed offpatent drugs alongside conventional NHS standard treatments? 

Thanks

Buff