Cyber knife

Hi ladies

Hope u r all feeling well. I’m starting 3 sessions of cyber knife radiotherapy tomorrow for brain metts really not looking forwfor to it. Have any of u had this as I’m still not sure what to expect especially with the side effects as iv read different things about it and my oncologist seemed to give me the worse case must admit it has scared me a little.

Sending love and hugs.x

Hi jule65, please try the ask the nurse facility on here or the someone like me in here if you get no responses :heart: Wishing you :heart:?:heart:For tomorrow ???trust in your team and speak to them with questions :heart:They are there to care and support you :heart: ??:sparkles::sparkles:shi xx

Hi  I had three sessions of cyberknife to my spine in August this year at the Royal Marsden in Chelsea and the only side effect I had was fatigue.   I slept a lot and felt better for it.  The process itself is painless.    You just have to lie very still while the robotic arm moves around you and makes clicking noises.   If you have any problems during the session you can wave at the radiographers and they will talk to you.   They have to tell you all the side effects just like when you have chemotherapy.   I was frankly terrified before the first session but it was fine.   Good luck with your treatment.  I will be thinking of you xx