Cyberknife

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody has queried about cyberknife treatment for Liver mets. I wouldn’t qualify under NHS as I have bone mets as well. I have definitely got 2 Liver mets they are unsure if another is met or cyst. I am considering funding the treatment myself but as I know it won’t be a cure my oncologist doesn’t seem to think it’s worth it. 

My argument is… maybe it will bide me more time, reduce burden on the liver, mentally make me feel better if they zap the buggers out?

My other query is when to do it? I’ve just had progression after 2 and a half years on Abemaciclib/Faslodex with the larger met now 2.8cm instead of 1.8 cm and about to start Cape. Should I try and get it now or wait till Cape fails?

Sorry for rambling my thoughts, just hoping for a few thoughts from you lovely people xxx

Debs

xxx

Hi @Mermaid007  thank you for your post. I’m sure one of our Forum members will be in touch soon with a reply.

In the meantime, do feel free to speak to one of our Breast Care Nurses on our Helpline, 0808 800 6000.

Alternatively, you can get in touch with our Nurses in the Ask Our Nurses area of the Forum and they can respond to you online.

Best wishes
Shareena

I cant answer the cyber knife question but i have bone mets (cervical spine) and did have liver mets a large confluence is how it was recorded. I was thinking i could have an ablation to zap them and pushed for a referral and ended up having a liver resection this April. The consultant did say he wouldn’t normally operate on someone with more than one met but after PET scans and a couple of chats it all went ahead - i even had to have a procedure to grow my liver as the left side wasn’t big enough to take the right away. My rational for doing this was like you, to take pressure away from my liver, potentially extend my life. I know everyone’s cancer journey is different but we’re our own best advocates and we’re worth fighting for and must explore all options. Good luck to you

Hi,

I have had Cyber knife but not for mets in liver. I had for mets in sternum. It has blasted it but have now found several nodes in chest. I was on Abemaciclib and Letrozole but they have now changed to a new targeted with Fulvestrant. A friend of mine had cyber for three tumours in his back and they have disappeared. Take care and hope all goes well.

Jane Yates xx