Denosumab frequency

Hi ladies

My oncologist has changed my denosumab injections from every 4 weeks to every 3 months. Is that standard practice? He seems ok with it but I’m feeling a bit panicky. My latest scan is stable.

thanks

Di

A huge congrats on your good news. I’m on Letrozole plus Palbociclib and nearly fainted when my Onco told me he didn’t want to see me for two whole months as my mets were stable . THEN it was three whole months. Hey ho, if the experts are happy who are we to complain? He must be pretty confident that your condition is well controlled and you are managing. No way would you be put at risk. Hope you’re ?. X

Congratulations on being stable I’ve done research on thst drug and you cab have it every three months I too on it and have it every four weeks unfortunately not had much luck sgeb originally when was going to start it my calcium was low so got delayed then I eventually got it tri months later had the injection went yo oncologist in September and calcium had dropped so couldn’t have it again though on calcium d3 forte can only think u had stomach bug and wasn’t having as much dairy in by diet milk and cheese but oncologist was not worried me missing a month xxx

I was originally on monthly Denusomab injections but following a few issues with several ladies, myself included, the hospital policy was reviewed and now it is given three monthly. I had a problem with my jaw following some dental work and was referred to the Maxillo Facial team, the consultant I saw there agreed with three monthly as it’s such a long acting drug. When I had the dental problems I was off Denusomab for almost a year, and my bones suffered, have been back on it three monthly for just over a year now and things have really improved, infact the discomfort I’d started to get settled down after just one dose. Kate x