cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Herceptin and Coronavirus vaccines

2 REPLIES 2
sarahlousie

Re: Herceptin and Coronavirus vaccines

Thanks for the information, I'm having herceptin next week so will ask about the vaccine. 

Totally agree with you it's bad enough having cancer and now we have to deal with the virus as well, I'm totally fed up with it all. I'm terrified of having to go into hospital every 3 weeks for Herceptin it's the last place you want to be at the moment, wish they would let me do it myself as it's subcut just a 5min injection in the leg, I've asked but they won't let me, I know I could do it. 

Thanks again for replying.

Xxx

diweb

Re: Herceptin and Coronavirus vaccines

Hi

i had a pneumonia vaccine a few weeks ago which breast care nurse/gp said was ok as it wasn’t a live vaccine.

i think (but don’t quote me!) that the Pfizer and moderna vaccines are live but the Astra Zeneca vaccine is not. Expect more info will be available in the coming weeks but am sure your med team will update you on your individual circumstances.

will post again if I hear anything further

think we’re all fed up of this being careful around Covid situation - it’s bad enough having the old Big C without worrying about the new Big C too!

di x

sarahlousie

Herceptin and Coronavirus vaccines

Hi,

As someone living with secondary breast cancer Im on Heceptin for life.

Does anyone know about Herceptin and the vaccines for coronavirus? I'm wondering if we can have a vaccine if the vaccine is Live? 

Any info much appreciated. Many thanks x