Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kefir yoghurt drinks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Kefir yoghurt drinks

Hi

If you don't want to make your own, as Kate does, my daughter was recommended to buy the plain kefir drink from the Polish section of the dairy cabinets that a lot of supermarkets now have.  This was a recommendation from a Polish friend who has been drinking it for years.  It's a lot cheaper than the sweetened drinks you get and you just need to have a small glass of it each day, or use it in place of yogurt if you don't want to drink it, it's quite sour so it's an acquired taste but it's not unpleasant.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Thank you Kate, I'm glad you have had good results. Hubby has bought a few bottles so I will try one and go from there. Hope your treatment is going well.

Highlighted

Hi Stillhere, I started making my own kefir when I had a dental problem and had to have several courses of antibiotics, I thought it really helped with the infections and to get my gut back on track. I’ve continued making it because I’ve only read positive things about it and it’s so simple to make. I use goats milk, because I avoid cows, and got my grains from a very good on line suppliers which was recommended to me by someone giving a talk about it at one of the cancer charities. Kate x

Highlighted

Kefir yoghurt drinks

A friend suggested Kefir yoghurt drinks as I have had severe gastro problems with Vinorelbine chemo. Do any of you knowledgeable ladies know anything about these and whether or not they might help with chemo side effects? Any thoughts gratefully received.