Last Chemo

Hi everyone, hope you’re all well.

i have my last infusion of Abraxane at the end of this month followed by a scan to check on my progress.

My last scan showed that the breast tumour is shrinking and so are mets to bones and liver. I also had three small modules in my lungs and 2 of these can no longer be seen.

i am really hoping for an NED status but not sure if this will happen with my diagnosis. Has anyone had anything similar?

I’m going to be continuing with Herceptin & Perjeta for however long it works for me with scans every three months.

Hi

As someone who had this regime I’d say that you will find that it having chemo is really noticeable in your energy levels and general fatigue. I had this a few years back (when I was weakly HER2+ so unfortunately it wasn’t the right regime for me - a long story!) and once I got onto just the H and P element of the treatment I realised how much I had been ‘coping’ with the chemo , but it had really affected me, more so than I thought. Therefore 3 weekly infusions of Hand P, which I found didn’t give any undue side effects was so much easier. 
As to whether your scan will show NED it’s difficult to say. Bone mets, whether they are healing or not, always show up on scans so technically they can’t be NED (maybe NEAD - no evidence of active disease) would be a better description of them. The liver mets, lung nodules and breast lump should still continue to respond to the Hand P so even if they are still visible they would hopefully continue to shrink or stay stable.

Nicky x