Letrozole - Different brands

Hi all,

I’ve recently changed brand of letrozole and I’m noticing I’m much more achey than usual. Has anyone else experienced this? 

I’m due my first scan since starting treatment so I’m incredibly nervous/anxious that the treatment might not be working and this is why I’m now feeling sore. 

Thanks x

Hello Yorkie 1,

yes I have noticed a difference between different brands of Letrozole.  There is one brand in particular (Accord) which doesn’t suit me.  It made my joints more painful and worryingly bought me out in a rash and I had to get strong anti histamine from the GP.  At that time it was the only brand available through the hospital’s pharmacy so they asked my GP to supply it.  Even then I could only get the Accord brand from all the big pharmacies locally.  In the end I managed to find a local independent pharmacy who now gets brands that suit me.

i spoke to the Oncologist about it and he said it’s becoming more prevalent for certain brands to effect some people, but they have no reason why it’s happening.  Don’t suffer in silence, if a brand doesn’t suit you ask to try and different one.  I hope you manage to get sorted.