Liver mets

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and just looking for support! I have recently been diagnosed with liver mets. I’m on Zoladex, letrozole and Palbociclib. Just started my 2nd cycle.

im wondering if anyone can share their experience of back pain with liver mets… I know it’s common to cause right side pain which I have on and off but recently it’s started in left side. Feels like a pulled muscle but not so sure! I’ve read the spleen can become enlarged causing this type of pain. I’ve recently been neutropenic and I know the spleen controls white cells so just wondering if there is a link! 

Thanks in advance

Alex x 

Hi Alex

I do have liver mets, and have had them for over 6 years now but I haven’t had the back pain you are describing. I wanted to reply to your post though just so you know it’s not gone unnoticed. It’s often quieter on here at the weekend and also come the summer holidays a lot of the Mums on here are busy once the children are off school.

If you are worried about this new pain maybe speak with your oncologist and see about an extra scan? I must admit until I knew my liver mets were responding to treatment my mind used to conjure up all sorts of aches and pains in my abdomen. None of which was anything at all and all seemed to miraculously disappear once I had a good scan result!

Nicky x