Low energy

hi everyone

Feeling really crappy last couple of days finished 5 sessions of whole brain radiotherapy fir brain mets 2 weeks ago and iv got absolutely 0% energy struggling to do anything. Anyone else experienced this if so how long did the fatigue last for just want to feel normal again.

Sending love and hugsxx

Hi Jule 

Just wanted to acknowledge your post and send a hug. I have my MRI next weekend to check this one out and I’m trying hard to ignore the possibility so my heart goes out to you.

Yesterday I did the Macmillan/BCC Moving Forward course and was told the advice for total fatigue is to force yourself to move, get up, just do something for a couple of minutes now and then. Personally, I’d be under the duvet meeting my own body’s needs. My theory is if you can get to the loo, you’re on the way up. Good luck and I hope you get your energy back soon.

Jan x

It is the low energy that bothers me the most about all this treatment. What I want most is to plan to do things that I enjoy with friends who I care about, but I find it really hard now. And gardening was a great pleasure but now I have to push myself to do the smallest thing.

I used to travel a lot. Thought I might plan some more extravagant trips when I got to this stage, but now the thought of the travelling is just too much to bear.

This is why I am weighing up whether or not to try yet another different treatment. I think I may prefer to have palliative care only and maybe get a chance of a bit more out of my (shortened) life.

Hi jules how are you doing I have my last whole brain session tommorow like you 5 sessions I cant beleive how bloody tired/low energy I am experiencing they have explained it can last weeks ithe steriods are playing havoc on my tummy and The headaches are kicking in now!!!

I was wondering do you suffer neuro pain at all with your mets I am and wondering if it will start to settle down hopefully you being a little further ahead should be feeling a little better I hope

Low energy is rubbish Im so used to being a live wire and missing my long walks terribly atm Hopefully this period of time is a bloody bg blip that will fade and allow me to engage in life as a fully participating member Its not getting the better of me yet 

Have a lovely day everyone and ? to you all x