328069posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lump on sternum

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Lump on sternum

You have to smile. Urgent chest X-ray next Tuesday. I’m ok with that. Liz appreciate your support and am still hopeful for another 15 years. X

Yeah I know I am 64 and often stopping to think is bad for us you sometimes have to blank it out or try too and take each thing thrown at us sometimes easier than other times. Of course you will feel vulnerable I know people living with secondaries for 15/20 years personally and on this site. I am getting good response from letrozole and palbociclib sending you good vibes. Liz

Liz, thank you.  I’ve seen Gp today.  Having chest XRay tomorrow. The professionals are all very supportive and respond quickly when I contact them.  It’s more about me and how I want to pretend it’s not happening to me until I am confronted with symptoms or evidence on scans etc. Just afraid - not of dying - happens to us All (I’m 63 an my mum died at 64) all probably not relevant.  Just feeling vulnerable. 

Well u have to let them know how painful it is and breathlessness is a horrible feeling there should be drugs available to ease pain and treat symptoms of breathlessness as an ex nurse I urge u to let them know what u are experiencing u have to ask questions and shout loud be assertive u matter as a person and we deserve good care xx It's hard to discuss our fears with people close to us but we should xx sending u love and strength

Liz, thanks for your support.  I have faith in my team but worry - not about pain or dying - but draining the effusion last time was really painful and the breathlessness restrictive. Also it seemed to go from 400ml on chest X-ray to 850ml in a very short time. I can’t discuss any of my fears with the people who care about me. 

I'm same as u Mets in lung pelvis and base of spine on letrozole and palbociclib since last year 4 of 6 tumours and 3 monthly scans show stable I think u feel every lump and bump and think that will be more secondaries it is perfectly normal to think like this I have noticed lumpy bits in arm and leg having normal 3 monthly scan next week, I think you should look at it as whatever is there this treatment or moving to more aggressive treatment will tackle it. Understand it is scary but hopefully doable . Sending you hope and trust you will get some encouraging support Liz

Morning just read my post and realise it looked a bit weird. What I was wanting to know was if Anyone else has had bony lumps develop on the site of mets?  Just wanting to have some idea of what to expect. Thank you. 

Highlighted

Lump on sternum

Hi all.  Bit emotional. Diagnosed breast cancer - chemo and skin sparing mastectomy 1999/2000.  No problems till June 2015 then short of breath and had malignant effusion. Mets in hips, spine, sternum and lung.  Good news denusomab,letrozole and calcium D3 have been holding it. Scans 3 x6 monthly depending on findings. No obvious side effects from treatment.

Today - all small changes but: fluid on lung, small increase in lungs and now small areas in liver. Got a lump on sternum that oncologist feels is likely to be related to mets - sounds pathetic but it is in my face every time I look in a mirror and people are noticing it. I’m almost 63, still working 3 days a week and managed a 10 mile charity walk two weeks ago. So much to be grateful for but tonight feeling overwhelmed 😟. Marie