NAILS FALLING OFF WHILST ON PACLITAXEL?

Would love to hear from anyone who has been through this. My fingers are sore anyway, and although nails painted dark colour…they are tender on thumbs and some fingers.

did anyone have this…and were there infections afterwards…? How did you cope with this issue please?

Moijanx

Oh, poor you! Just sending a big hug. ?. This damned disease just doesn’t know when to quit! Hope someone comes along soon to help. X

Hi Moijan
As you know I am docetaxel and my toe nails look like I have red nail varnish on I am told that I would probably not lose the nails unless they went black though I can not stand bed sheets touching them or wear shoes my finger nails are also red and very sore and I can not grip anything as to painful
On pacltaxol I only got my big toes that seemed to get fluid behind and my chiropodist said I had infection which I did not think I had as chemo discolours nails anyway but to be safe I soaked in salt water daily and never had a problem

Kay

moijan,

I had this on Taxol, nails cracked horizontally but never fell off and I was able to trim the dead nail as it grew.

I soaked them in warm water and Epsom salts and never got infected.

I also used those strips you can buy for a broken manicured nail (or tissue paper varnished on with clear polish like my mum did in the 60s!) if I needed added protection cover them over.

xx