cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palbociclib with letrozole combo

10 REPLIES 10
Woodsbonsai

Re: Palbociclib with letrozole combo

Hello diweb,  I’ve have sbc in two vertebrae.  I’ve been on Palbociclib and Letrozole for just over 4 years.  I started on the 125 mg dose but now take 100 mg.  I have scans every 4 months and the last one thankfully showed no disease progression.  I’m hoping that will continue for a good time!
Its not easy, I find I get extremely tired and the meds make me breathless when walking.  I get some joint pain and take paracetamol to help.  But at the end if the day I’m still here which I never expected to happen when I was first diagnosed.  I’m so grateful I’ve been around to see my second grand child born.

Good luck with your treatment.  You can do this! 

Anniej
Community Champion

I’ve recently come off Palbo as my quality of life was naff. Letrozole is keeping my lung mets stable. On the combo since October 2017 until last month. Best wishes. Ann x

Pullman

I've been on this combo for 3-1/2 years since about Feb. 2018.  Started Ibrance at 125mg, reduced to 100 then 75.  Have been stable with no spread for over 2 years on 75mg.  

Donnat

• Feel better but really struggling with my wandering mind. Not a day or hour my mind flits to leaving this world. Driving me mad. Its a horrible disease
SondraF

I know more than a few American ladies on this combo for 4+ years and one starting her 6th year (and she scans yearly only). I believe there are still some women from the original trials who remain on the same treatment.

Obviously we are all individuals and there are always extreme outliers but its not inconceivable!

diweb

Thanks Liz - that’s positive news
I spoke with my oncologist this week and he confirmed he has patients on 3+ years - hope we can keep going on this as I seem to tolerate this fairly well ( all things considered!)

Di x

diweb

Thank you for your response and hope you cope well with the treatment x

Liz0418

I am just 3 years in and scans stable there are several on here been on it longer and I was told as long as its keeping things stable I will stay on it . Liz x

Donnat

I am starting this shortly. On letrozole now. Oncologist told me he has another woman same diagnosis as me, secondary breast cancer spread to spine. She is in 3rd year now

ZoeK_BCN
Community Manager

Hi diweb,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you haven't had any response yet. I am hoping my response will help our members to see your post and share their experience.

Sending you our best wishes,

Zoe

diweb

Palbociclib with letrozole combo

Hi ladies

has anyone had success with the palbo / letrozole combo longer than 3 years ?

thanks x