Palbociclib

I am about to start this on Monday. I was diagnosed over a month ago straight to stage 4 with bone mets. Have started hormones and will then start these pills. I was expecting to go into hospital for chemo for the day. That’s what the beast team said but then the oncologist said tablets. I’m just doing as I’m told but hope these tablets are strong enough to shrink my tumor and maybe bet the mets a little under control. They seem to have a lot of side effects. Any advice?

Anne, I can’t help with this but if you look further down you will see a thread already about Palbociclib, think you’ll be better posting there rather than starting a new one. Sure there will be much advice there xx

Thank you! I meant to add to the thread but never seem to manage to put things in the right place! Sorry

It’s very clear! Thank you

Hello Anne
That’s good that you have access to this new drug as it’s only available for first line treatment at the moment. It’s producing some very good results especially in the US which have had it for several years now.
My oncologist says they are all fighting hard to get it for all secondary ladies and clinical trials are proving good on heavily treated chemo patients too.
If you do need further advice …there is limited threads here but there is another website “Inspire” which is US based with a lot more help there as it’s been used for several years.
Hugs xxx
All the best …

Thank you. That’s very informative x

Hi Anne30

How are you getting on with Palbociclib?

I’ve just started and would be keen to hear from someone who is futher on

I have been on Ibrance since April. No side effects to speak of yet apart from the white cell count which keeps going too low and I have to have a break. My tummy can be a little upset but that passes. Doable I’d say so far!

Hi, I have just had my thirteenth cycle this week. My bloods (neutrophils) have been slightly lower than normal from the start of this treatment but have remained level enough for me to keep having the drug. I have felt fine so far…touchwood. The side effect I have had which has affected me the most (mentally) is hair thinning. I have now just about got used to this. I have had two stable scans on this and have another in November so fingers crossed. xxx