Pulmonary embolism

Hi all,

I am on palbocyclib and Letrozole for metastatic breast cancer- but my energy levels were very low. I had several chest infections and was given antibiotics each time. My breathing became more and more laboured. I contacted the GP who realised that one of the blood tests gave a low reading. 
I have been in hospital this week and have been diagnosed as having a pulmonary embolism which I am told is blood clots in my lungs. I have to give myself twice daily injections.

For goodness sake how much more can 1 person take? Today I feel so low.

Is anyone out there who can help and support me

I’m sorry that I can’t offer any advice but just wanted you to know that I’m thinking of you. 

Hi Lambin,

I’m so sorry to hear about the embolism on top of everything else, you really don’t need that on your plate as well.  Sending hugs and love xxx

If its any consolation, one of my best friends was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism when she was in her mid-to late 30s.  She lived a proper “rock 'n roll” lifestyle at the time, partying and boozing most nights of the week.  She’d felt poorly for a couple of months by the time emobolism was discovered, they put her on meds and it all cleared up very quickly (can’t remember how long, possibly just a few weeks from diagnosis).  She continued to live her rock 'n roll lifestyle for a bit longer and to this day, she’s never had a problem or concern with it since.  She had no other underlying health conditions so it was just one of those things, it can happen to anyone!  I remember she also had to do the injections but she did come off them eventually after a while.

Being so poorly will contribute to you feeling low so be really kind to yourself and take it easy until your embolism is sorted.  I have just recovered from a chest infection this week so I can relate to when you get other illnesses on top of the cancer it can knock you hard in the mood department.  Hope you start to feel better soon xxx

Hi I have a pulmonary embolism it was diagnosed after my CT scan , when the radiologist did the scan she said “have you been breathless I hadn’t she said you have a very small embolism on your lung I nearly had a fit could not believe it. They said you will have to have injections for 6 month’s nurses came out first and eventually did them myself all finished now the last scan showed no change still very small, oncologist has put me on Apixiban blood thinner so see how that goes.