Ribociclib to abemociclib

Hello
I have been on ribociclib since March and struggle with my neutrophils. I have had my dose reduced once but this hasn’t helped bring it back above one so I still end up delaying treatment a week. 

I have been given a choice by my consultant to dose reduce again to just one tablet a day of ribociclib or swap to amembociclib on a medium dose. I’ve been having a hard week mentally anyway and this has really thrown me. 

Is anyone one abemociclib or been swapped? The ribociclib has been working well for me and my first scan results showed a real improvement so I am worried about swapping but also worried about delays, low neutrophils. A lot of messages on here seem to be from people on ribociclib too who are doing really well. Just feeling very worried about it all and wondered if anyone has any experience of this? 

Kat

Hi,

I was on Abemaciclib along with Faslodex injections and was started on 150mg. I ended up on 75mg due to tummy issues (diarrhoea which is a common side effect of this drug). My neutrophils were only low twice. Even on this low dose I got over 2 years before progression. 

All of the drugs come with side effects sadly but once you have the correct dose for your body then they are tolerable. 

It might be worth trying one more dose reduction to see how you tolerate it. Your oncologist must think it can still work at the lowest dose. Then you could switch if it’s still bad on your neutrophils.

Im now on Xeloda and have had to have dose reduction already. We are all different in what we can tolerate but drugs can still work well even at a low dose.

with love

Debs x

I have been on palbociclib 125mgs initially then 100mgs now on lowest dose 75mgs neutrophils been fine on this dose for lastv6 months and scan are stable that’s me been on it for 3 and half years. All very similar drugs in the ciclib range. Hope you get sorted out I would say try 1 more lower dose I have had maybe 4 or 5 delays of a week previously due to low neutrophils.  Liz x sending :purple_heart: and positive vibes.

Hi there,

I started treatment back in April this year after a shock diagnosis of secondary Breast cancer. Started on Palbociclib and Letrazole but had the Palbociclib discontinued after three months due to low neutrophils and liver enzyme problems. I have been on abemocyclib since then, and apart from occasional Diarrhea everything else has been stable. I believe this is the most common side effect. My Consultant did say that Abemaciclib doesn’t usually lower neutrophils so much. Good luck and a big hug moving forward. xxx

Hi hope your keeping well at the moment, I have been taking amebleciclib since September 2020 when I was told I had secondaries in my spine. 
I’m currently taking 100mg along side my Letrozole, started off on the higher dose but the Diarrhoea became to much, no problems I can’t control with loperamide every once in a while.

I feel fine no problems just get on with my work and day to day activities, if I have a tired day I make sure I have a rest day but other than that everything has been stable, fingers crossed it stays that way. Try not to worry hope the treatment work well for you xxxx take care I hope this helped x