Shoulder and Humerus replacement due to Secondary Breast Cancer

I was originally diagnosed with primary breast cancer in June 2016, in May 2018 I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in my bones and had to have a shoulder and humerus replacement in September.   All the professionals I have dealt with have never had a patient with my symptons with this form of operation and really don’t have much knowledge on what movement, pain etc I can expect.   

I have very limited movement in my shoulder and unable to lift my arm up from my shoulder - I have physio and hydro-pool physio every week but I don’t seem to be progressing - has anyone else had this kind of operation and what movement do you have?   I am constantly in pain if I try moving my right arm.

I also had my ovaries removed last month and suffering from menopausal systems especially hot flushes, which means my sleep is very poor, as well as not being able to sleep on my right hand side - I am so tired and drained.  Is there anything I can do to help.

The worst thing about this disease is the not knowing, no-one can reassure me that everything I have been through and everything I am doing and taking is going to make ay difference or give me a longer life expectancy.  I am single and dealing with all of this on my own and its so incredibly hard - any advice is greatly appreciated.

Oh my gosh, your post has touched me deeply, and I wish you better days - I hope you get some support from professionals - emotional as well as physical.  There’s nothing I can say to help - but I just wanted you to know that people are here . . . . with kindest regards.

Hi I am going down a similar road. I have found a book which has given me comfort. It is called Higher Self Now by William Buhlman. It won’t cure you but it has reassuring words for you and those who are dear to you. Easing your mind will help ease your body. Good luck.

<Empty imported post>