Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNBC treatment

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: TNBC treatment

Hi there Tah65,

I've not long joined this forum and I've my partner in a similar situation to you but a little behind you in timeline. She has recently been diagnosed with secondary TNBC of the liver (March) and had just had an ablation. She's due another full body scan this month and then treatment options following. I'd be interested to hear how you are doing with the tablets as we've often wondered about IV vs tablets. Your messages have been very helpful for me to read as we've landed into this secondary diagnosis.

Take care!

Ella

Highlighted

Thank you

I have been offered capecitabine-xeloda starting next week. Its chemo in tablet form and not one I've had before. I am to do 2weeks on then one off with Ca153 being used to track over 3 cycles and inform the timing of the next scan. I'm glad to have a treatment plan. I will look through the trials as keen to understand what else might be an option if this chemo doesn't help. I feel very low at the moment as really had hope from the trial. The last couple of weeks has been like being hit by a big wave! Whatever treatment I've had in last 2years it doesn't relent

Highlighted

Hi Tah65,

Maybe, you want to discuss with your medical team to participate in another trial. 

ps. I am not TN

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/find-a-clinical-trial/clinical-trials-search?populate=...

Thank you 

I don't understand much of what's there on the presentation but the summary at the end is something for me to consider. I'm two years past the initial secondary diagnosis. It's overwhelming at present as living as best as I can is feeling restricted. I feel powerless because despite having the cancer cut out, ablated, blasted with chemotherapy in 2018 then the trial it keeps growing. The worst of it is trauma for my 18 year old daughter. I want so much to support her in to her 20s. I'm really glad to hear your treatment combination has kept it at bay. That's what I need to find. The CT7001 trial is helping some! 

Highlighted

Hi Tah65

i have mTNBC and diagnosed last June.  I have been on a combination of nab plaxitaxel and Atezolizumab which has worked well so far.  Both are intravenous but on hold now because of Coronavirus.  I have another 3 month scan next week, so I’m hoping that things are still being held at bay.

there seem to be increasing options for metastatic TNBC, and I’ve done a lot of research as to what might be next for me.  However, I imagine that when the time comes for me to move to a new treatment, the oncologist will have his own ideas.  I found this presentation very useful:

https://oncologypro.esmo.org/content/download/180748/3297157/file/2018-ESMO-Preceptorship-Breast-Sys...

Good luck with your meeting with the oncologist, I would be very interested in what is recommended for you.

Highlighted

TNBC treatment

• Hi can you please let me know what treatments you are on for TNBC?I've just come off a trial ct70001, my liver mets increased 28% in 2 months so it's not worked-I'm in the space of waiting to see my Oncologist from before the trial and anxious about options. I had surgery in 2018 then chemo, then thermal ablation last April. I can't have more surgery because of a growth being close to blood supply. Is anyone with TN on anything other than Chemo and which type?