Talazoparib (Talzenna)

Hi All,

My name’s Holly and I work in the Policy and Campaigns team at Breast Cancer Now. 

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) is currently assessing talazoparib (also known as Talzenna) to see if it can be made available on the NHS for treating HER2 negative locally advanced or secondary (metastatic) breast cancer with germline BRCA1/2 mutations.

As part of this assessment, it’s crucial that NICE hears the voice of patients. That’s why I’m looking to hear from people with experience of this treatment. If you’d be happy to share your views on this treatment with me, please do email policy@breastcancernow.org.

Your views will be shared completely anonymously. 

Thank you!

Holly 

Hi everyone,

My name’s Kira and I work in the Policy, Evidence and Influencing team at Breast Cancer Now.

Can you help us shape our input into the Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC) assessment of talazoparib (Talzenna) to see if it can be made available on NHS Scotland? This is a treatment for patients with germline BRCA1/2 mutations, who have HER2-negative locally advanced or secondary breast cancer.

We’re looking to hear from anyone who has had direct experience of this treatment, for example through clinical trial. And we’d be interested to hear people’s views and thoughts on this treatment option.

It is crucial that the SMC hears the voices of patients as part of their assessment. If you’d be happy to share your views on this treatment, please email policy@breastcancernow.org by 5pm on Tuesday 14 December. Your views will be shared completely anonymously.

Thank you!

Kira