Tummy discomfort !

Evening ladies this is my first post so here I go . I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015 ER positive her 2 negative . I had lumpectomy chemo and radio . August 2016 I had double mastectomy. All has been going fine until June this year I was having upper tummy pains but got worse after eating bread !! I went to my gp who sent me for ultrasound and bloods with in a week I was told I had Mets in my liver advanced and need chemo straight away . I started chemo early July and finished 4 weeks ago. Ct scan shows good results from the chemo with no spread else were. im due to start my new meds on the 17th . My problem is since last Saturday I’ve had that upper tummy pain again and worried my liver has inflammation again. Im worried a little but keep telling myself the scan 3 weeks ago was good . I was wondering if any of you lovely folks have had this problem after finishing chemo ? ? Thanks 

Sally

Hi Sals, hoping that someone with similar symptoms will be along soon to help. In the meantime I’d like to acknowledge your post, and send a hug in this worrying time. Personally I think if your CT scan was clear three weeks ago then you should be ok. Mets don’t often grow that quickly…or so I’m told. It’s not IBS is it? Perhaps cutting down or eliminating gluten for a while might help. Just a thought. X

Hi Sally.  I know how worrying it can be when a symptom appears which is very similar to an original symptom.  I don’t know the answer in your case, but I can empathise.  Do you have a bc nurse you can phone?  After a few days of telling myself not to worry about the symptom - and still worrying - I phoned my bc nurse, and she spoke to my onc who advised me further.  Just a thought.  In the meantime, hugs and best wishes to you x x 

I am on letrezole and palboclib for abour 22 months for sbc., had nausea tummy pain initially then started lanzoprazole 15 mgs which helped . Not sure whether you are on that already and if you are they can increase it up to 30 mgs it worked for me. Liz

Hi there,

I’m on Abemaciclib and  Faslodex and have IBS.

Ive found Peptobismal ( known as The Big Pink) a game changer. It’s helped me so much. I feel like it coats the intestines and soothes.

Worth a try if you’re suffering 

xxx