68527members
360422posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xeloda / Capecitabine - Your Top Tips, please?

Highlighted

Re: Xeloda / Capecitabine - Your Top Tips, please?

Hi BJR

Sorry, can't help with liver biopsy question. I was diagnosed with bone and then liver mets. Cape, over a period of over 2 years, got rid of 5 mets and reduced one to a dot. Got scan results on Tuesday so will see if it is still working. Cancer likes nothing better than throwing a curve ball when you least. expect it.
I found the initial cycles of Cape left me feeling tired but, after that, my body seemed to adjust and I generally feel fine apart from sore hands and feet. I had my dose reduced after big D struck during my week off. I am now on 1800 x 2. However, my onc once said Cape either works or it doesn't so don't be too worried if you need to reduce your dose. In my case.it was as effective when I was on 1500 × 2 as when I was.on 2,150×2. I have had a few adjustments during my time.on this treatment.
Hope SEs are not too bad for you and please feel free to ask questions as there are lots of ladies on this site who will be happy to help.

George
Highlighted

Thanks for your kind words, Carolyn. You offer lots of support and guidance, especially to newbies. Yes, my feet are pretty awful but I do find Sketchers a big help along with my gel socks and moisturiser. Anyway, I have never been what you would call a
Cinderella. 😂
Glad to hear Cape is being kind to you; it is the 'easiest' treatment I have had. Like you, I suffered when on the E and E combo.

Have a good weekend

George🤗
Highlighted

Hello everyone

I’m just joining this thread as I’ve been on Docetaxel 6 rounds which finished in July for liver mets, all ok for about six weeks then felt really poorly, GP thought it could  be flu, amongst other things, but eventually after a CT scan last week, was told by oncologist that I now have extensive mets to liver and also in lungs too. On the plus side bones stable!

I’m rather gutted, waiting now for start date for capecitabine. He also wants to do a liver biopsy to check it’s still the same as my primaries from 2005. Can anyone give me any info on liver biopsy, bit scared!

Im hoping that Cape is easier than docetaxel as I found that really hard and disappointed that it didn’t really work! 

reading though post it seems that lots of ladies find it easier if the dose is right. I’m starting on full dose so a bit worried.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

keep well everyone

Highlighted

Hiya George
I love your wording lizard feet ..that is so correct and normally I would be wearing my boots by now but the sketchers are my go to every day for comfort too. Keep posting as you are an old hand at this peachy pill lark and very hrlpful to us newbies. ..
Highlighted

Hiya happygirl
I must confess I'm on cycle 5 ...and Im sleeping and eating for England too but I'm feeling chIrpy and happy on it which waa better than 5 months on the devil pills. .exmestance and everolimus. .
I'm only on small dose so maybe a reduction. .I'm. On 1600 x 2 a day. ..
Highlighted

Hi Nicky

Thanks for posting your advice about Cape It has helped me realise my own situation better. I am in my second cycle after other treatments for mets progressions and feel bloody awful almost non functioning in fact. I had decided to ask about a dose reduction on my next visit to the oncologist as I am not coping well with SE's spending 20 hours a day in bed totally exhausted when dosed and 12 hours plus varying sofa time shared with more mattress time  when on the days off. So I now feel more confident in asking for a dose reduction. thanks for giving me confidence to move forward.

hugs

happy girl

Highlighted

Hi all

Just been catching up with recent posts. Don't want to repeat all the good advice, just wanted to say that the SEs do get easier. I was very tired when I first started Cape, but I am generally okay now. It is all about finding the dose that is right for you. Onc increased my dose slightly in response to me eating too much chocolate and putting on weight!
Regarding TMs, I don't think there is a 'normal'. My onc goes on trends so if they are constantly rising, he will send me for a scan. It is easy to become obsessed about TM results and, in many ways, I wish my hospital didn't use them; however, mine are super reliable whereas for other people they are very unreliable so always best to go on scan results. Speaking of which, I get my results a week on Tuesday. The reason why I have lots of nice treats planned for myself before then. My week off starts tomorrow so I will be able to enjoy a few glasses of wine too😊
Carolyn, I agree with you about Udderly; it is expensive, especially when ordered from Amazon. I am getting used to having lizard like feet. Thick socks, insoles, Sketchers and lots of moisturising do help.

Have a good week all 🤗
Highlighted

I think the secret of cape is the dosage really ..as I was 9stone ish I got a small amount 1500 x 2 a day which is probably why I'm feeling OK with it. If you get the larger dose..bit more side-effect. I also have 2mg steroids daily and a heart pills so quite a cocktail to tolerate. ...
But hang in there with it ..it's good regime if it's working for you ...
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Sarah

Yes, when a treatment fails to work for a long time it does rock our confidence.  I hope Cape works well for you and it is a completely different treatment to the hormones you have had before.

I can't answer you question about tumour markers as I don't get them done however I know its more about the trend for you, not necessarily what number is normal.  Obviously very low numbers will show less activity but they are not reliable for everyone so it will depend on what the trend is if you get yours done.

As to adjusting to Cape I was on it some 4-5 years ago and it took me a couple of cycles, and a dose reduction, to cope with it. Initially I was on a 100% dose but quickly went down to 80% which was then effective for the 18 months ot so I was on it.  I really struggled to begin with but after a couple of cycles I felt my body had adjusted to the daily doses and didnt feel quite so tired and generally got on doing the things I wanted to do.  I did get the Big D occasionally on my weeks off and that seems to be quite common.  I also had a few splits on my finger tips and a few cracks on my feet (even though I moisturised all the time) but these did clear up especially if I had an extra week off which happened on a few cycles.  If you suffer badly with side effects do speak to your oncologist, there is usually room to change the dose so you get the right balance between effectiveness and quality of life - which is what they are aiming for.

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hello ladies
Welcome
Sarah sorry to hear that pablicobic(ibrance) didn't work for you. Lots of us would have liked a shot at it but its so limited in UK still. .but I'm happy on cape atown moment. .so hope it keeps doing some magic for us all. Hormones are easy to tolerate compared to the big guns stuff ..I did nearly 3 years on letrozole before it gave up.on me !
The tiredness on cape issomething you just can't fight ..sometimes I'm sat in my chair and bang. Doing a grumpy old man's nap! Something I never did before ...
But sleep is good ..the body knows when it's ready

Highlighted

Hello Sarah Senior... hope you are feeling a bit better now. I'm on my 3rd cycle of cap and for me its the feeling of a complete lack of energy thats the worst side effect.. Apart from having intravenous chemotherapy I have been on letrozole and exestamene which didn't work, then tamoxifen for a few months which then stopped working..hence we are now trying cap. As for the tumour markers, I can't actually remember what number they gave me. I think it was around 400 which was a big leap from the previous number. They haven't taken the TM in recent blood tests...the Onc omitted to request them, but they requested them on my latest blood test, and should get the up to date info at my next review in a couple of weeks.

All the best..Carolyn 

Highlighted

Hello to all the ladies on here, I of course didn't know Barton but send my condolenses as it is always sad to hear when someone has lost their struggle.

I am now joining this thread as having been on letrozole and pabociclib for only two months it appears that it wasnt working for me sadly so fingers crossed that the cap is more effective.

I am only starting my second week and feel out of sorts so hoping that my body adjusts to it.

I see that a number of you mention tumour markers and just wondered that for those of you whose are going up what level is normal and how much do they tend to go up.

I guess that I am struggling at the moment as all I can think of are the oncs comments in relation to timescales due to the fact that the first traetment didnt work. I am finding it hard at present as well as much as i have a very suportive network of friends both my daugters have gone away in the last couple of months one to go travelling and the other to go to uni and I know that my youngest is struggling with things.

Hopefully I can take some comfort and support from this forum and knowing that so many of you are doing well on the treatment.

xx

Highlighted

Oh George. .you do so well on cape ..I'm hoping it's going to work a little bit of magic for me. I start the peachy pills again tomorrow. .feel better on them. The week off i feel tired and twitchy! Weird.
I've had no trouble with the trots or feet yet ..obviously will sometime. Not that impressed with udderly cream that was recommended though. ..find Johnsons baby lotion just as good at £1 a pop !
Highlighted

Hi Waffles

I echo your sentiments regarding Barton.
Do PM me if you get a chance as I have been thinking of you.
Highlighted

Hi Green Damsel and welcome. Although I am sure you would rather not be here, you will get lots of support and good advice from all the lovely ladies on this thread. This is my fifteenth month on Cape and, I have to say, it has been the 'easiest' chemo I have been on. SEs for me were the big D when I was on the full dose during my week off. Dose lowered now so, with the help of Loperamide, I am able to control dodgy tummy episodes. The other side effect, which I am suffering with at the moment, is sore feet and hands. I moisturize regularly and sleep in socks to try and help feet.
Regarding hair loss, I do not know anyone who has lost their hair on this chemo.
Do let us know if you have any more questions and good luck with your treatment.

George
Highlighted

So sad to hear about Barton.........fran. I never met her but of course read her posts on these forums. She was always so welcoming, helpful, and caring. She is safe now of course, but her wonderful sister will miss her down here. So hard to miss loved ones. But heart warming to read all the warm comments. She was loved and so appreciated. Fly high, Fran. 

mo

Highlighted

I'm sure fran is looking down on us and grateful for all the lovely comments from ladies here ..her funeral is 21st November here in Exeter. ..will be a quiet one but I hope to go to show my respects to a lovely lady that was taken so young. (61 )
Rip fran xxxx
Highlighted

Hi Carolyn,
So sad to hear about Fran. She was a lovely, kind and intelligent woman. My thoughts are with her family and friends. Waffles x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Carolyn

So sorry to hear about Barton/Fran, another lovely lady lost too soon. Do send my condolences to her family if you are in touch and sending hugs to you. Thank you for letting us all know. 

Nicky xx

Highlighted

Hello everyone that has joined us on this thread. I just hope theseI little pills keep us all well for a long time. .I'm finding it a easy regime to master ..as far as hair loss is concerned I've not heard anyone loose their hair ..maybe a bit thinning but everyone else is different. I don't color mine these days and avoid hair straighteners too .
Back on peachy pills Sunday. .anyone else find the little ones a nuisance. .because of my dosage I have 2 biggy ones and 4 small ones twice a day!
Highlighted

Hello George
Its nice to hear from you ....fran really enjoyed your pms and your holiday stories. ..it's good that you keep so well and energetic. ..
Keep popping the peachy pills ! ☺☺☺
Highlighted

Hello ladies,

hope me you don’t mind me joining in, especially having read the sad news about someone you obviously all cared for. 

I started cap today after EC and Pax chemo, surgery then rads.  Apparently the cap is because I’m triple negative and the chemo while it had shrunk the tumour significantly there were still live cells.  My onc wants me to to this for 6 months (8 cycles) if I can tolerate it.  I had minimal side effects with the other chemo but the daily dosage of this stuff and only a week off in between makes me wonder if I could be in for a rougher time.

Any advice on practical tips for being able to stay ‘normal’, I’ve only recently really felt like I was no longer a patient and this feels a bit daunting.  Also am I likely to loose my newly returned hair, the chemo nurses were a bit vague when I asked this and said ‘maybe, maybe not’ which wasn’t the most helpful answer. 

Highlighted

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for letting us know about Barton. Such sad news. Fran sent me a number of private messages which were so supportive; she seemed a very kind, thoughtful and warm person. I think in one she mentioned how you had joined her to celebrate her birthday. Please pass on my condolences to her family.

George
Highlighted

Thank you Carolyn for letting us know about Barton.  Please pass on our condolences to Bartons family.

If any of you would like to talk to someone, our free Helpline is here to offer support. 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Highlighted
Community Champion

Carolyn, I'm so sad for you and Barton. I know you will miss her. Barton wave to us with your beautiful angel wings. You will be missed by many! FF
Highlighted

I am really sad as I had met Barton a few times over the past two years. She was a lovely, kind and compassionate person. Fly high, free of pain and tiredness Fran.
xx

Highlighted

Morning Carolyn

So sorry to read this. She was so welcoming and give me good support when I started cape last October.

RIP Fran

Highlighted

Hello Carolyn, I am so very sorry to read this, and for your loss of a lovely friend. I never met Barton but as you know I was very fond of her and I missed her greatly when she stepped back from the forum. Sending you, and her family and friends my condolences. RIP Fran xxx

Highlighted

Oh Carolyn, so sorry to hear this sad news about Barton. As you said, she will be at peace now. Please send regards to family and let her sister know we are thinking of her.

xx

Highlighted

Hello ladies
Well this is a post I am not looking forward to writing but I think this is the better place :

BARTON (fran ) passed away at 10.10 pm last night and I know a lot of you will remember all the help she gave over so many years here. We met regularly for coffee and cheese scones and I am so honoured to have had her kindness and friendship for 2 years . I will miss her so much. Her chemo stopped working May 2018 and she has been living a very quiet private life with her devoted sister Trish giving 24/7 palative care .
Rip lovely lady ....you will be missed. .fly high and pain free 💟💟💟💟💟💟
Highlighted

Hi Everyone, after seeing my Onc last Friday she went ahead with my 3rd prescription of Cap as the side effects had cleared up after delaying the 3rd cycle.for a week. I thought she may have reduced the dosage from the max of 2150 mg x 2 a day. But she wanted me to carry on with that dose, I'm feeling ok but only in to the 4th day. The Onc said if I feel bad again to ring the Hospital for advice. She said I should have done that before, but I hadn't because I expected to feel yucky.

My TMs had gone up quite a lot but the last 3 blood tests that were taken didn't register if the TMs had reduced so I had another blood test last Friday and will get the results at my next review.

Lynnq, I'm pleased to know there is another Elvis fan on here. Did you go on the Candlelight Vigil ?I've done that twice, it was very moving. Had to stand in line for hours to get to the Gravesite. It was beautiful and the floral tributes lined all the way up the drive to Graceland.

The skin on my fingers have started to crack and bleed, but I can put up with that. I do feel very uncomfortable after eating a meal, I know I should have smaller portions, but the trouble is I haven't lost my appetite ! Its encouraging to read all your experiences whilst on Cap. I'm pleased that most of you seem to be coping well on it. 

Until the next time.....love Carolyn

Highlighted

Hi George

Pleased u have been having a good time holidays etc. Regarding CT scan do you get injected with a dye? I do so it is always hunt the vein. Never been given a jug of water to drink.

The hospital I attend only give paclitaxel taxol for short for 18 weeks maximum I asked the nurse last week at the chemo unit. By a year don't think I could cope having it for that long.

Hope it went well today.

I will pop in every now and again to see how the cape crusaders are getting on.

Linda

Highlighted

Hi Lynne

I was only on cape for 10 month before it stopped working. Thank you for the explanation regarding UTis. I used to suffer alot of cystitis when I was young. Hope I don't get it again. Will just have to wait and see.

Before cape I was on EE for 3 years 8 months. I was lucky I did not get any problem with mouth ulcers etc.

Good luck with

Linda

Highlighted

Hello George

Nice to hear from you and what an inspiration you are to us cape crusaders. ..all those holidays ..just keep enjoying them ..
I read somewhere that oncologists strongly believe now that a few months on E and E help the cape work better ..but I wish I had cape rather that waste 5 months on e and e which I think fed my mets rather than helped them!
Hope this great thread becomes a nice daily thread with lots of friendly banter. .I know cape is one of the most popular regimes so ladies stop just reading and join us with a hello at least.
☺☺☺☺☺
Highlighted

Hi Lyndyloo, thanks for thinking of me. Sorry I have been a little quiet lately - due to the fact I have been enjoying myself with lots of mini breaks, theatre and cinema trips. I just wanted a bit of a cancer holiday. However, back to reality as, at this moment in time, I am in a waiting room with lots of others preparing for my CT scan by drinking a big jug of water ( shame I couldn't slip a little drop of gin in to my glass😂). The original.date for my scan was the end of October, but i postponed it as I had some little treats planned that I didn't want to cancel and i am sure a few weeks won't make much difference. I will get the results, along with 2 sets of TM readings 2 weeks tomorrow🙄Regarding TMs mine have always been super reliable. I am a little anxious as they have been rising, slowly but surely, since May. However, I can't complain as this is cycle 20 of Cape so I know my 'luck'will run out shortly.
Lyndy, I was on Taxol for a year and found it 'doable' although I did suffer from nausea and had to take anti sickness tablets. Apart from peeling hands and feet, which I have learned to live with, SE s have not been too bad on Cape. Another reason
I would like to continue with the treatment.
Regarding E + E combo, it didn't suit me either. I know a lot of women have had success with this treatment, but I wasn't one of them. I really suffered with mouth ulcers that made.my life a misery and TMs shot up when I was on E + E.
Hope all you ladies are doing well. It us good to see how active this thread has become again.
Have a good week all

George x 🤗
Highlighted

Hello lyn
Nice to hear from you and that you are doing well. On cape too. . .I'm coping well and in fact I'm now on my week off and missing the peachy pills ..feel so tired so hoping my bloods are ok on Wednesday for cycle 5 to start .
I've never had tumour markers but might ask on wednesday if I should have them now.
When I was on E and E for 5 months I couldn't eat or drink either. .lost 4 stone ..but it's creeping back as I'm always starving on cape. .like a little gremlin thinking or eating food !! Says me munching a veggy pizza right now! Oink oink 🐖🐷🐽
Highlighted

Hi Lyndyloo

UTIs are Urinary Tract Infections...cystitis etc.  I am prone to them and have Interstitial Cystitis which flares up periodically so we were almost expecting them.  We were on holiday at the time and I was just four weeks after IV chemo (pacitaxitel) ... it was very hot and I wasn’t coping with the heat too well, nor resting enough.  We really should listen to our bodies shouldn’t we.

there are a couple of ladies who attend the support group who have had good results with tomoxifen so hope you do as well.

how long were you on Cape for, and thanks for the reassurance re tumour markers, 

x

Highlighted

Hi Lynne

I am due to start tamoxifen tomorrow. Can I ask what are UTIs?

Regarding tumour markers I was the same last September they were about 300 when on EE which stopped working. Had a month off before starting cape tumour markers went up to 1000. It was quite scary I remember. It is good that they dropped quickly.

Like you my markers were a good Indication when treatment is working.

Lobda8

Highlighted

Hello everyone.. have just read through all of the posts after a few weeks absence.

I started on cape about six weeks ago and have just started my third cycle.  Not many side effects and the ones I have are manageable so far.

just wondering if anyone has had a Tumour marker experience like mine.  I have had SBC for almost 6 years and during that time TMs have always been a good indicator for me.  Onc tells me not for everyone but in my case he believes so.  

Anyway TMs started to rise about a year ago.  Stopped Letrozole and started E& E combo which didn’t work, they continued to rise.  I then had 16 weeks of Pacitaxitel, my TMs stayed at more or less the same level for the 16 weeks - didn’t decrease much at all.  They were 229 at this point.  I tried Tamoxifen but only for about three weeks the UTIs were horrible...still getting over them now.  Then for  7-8 weeks I had no treatment.  When I next saw Onc they had increased to 1209...a rise of almost 1000.  I was shattered.  Then last week after just 2 cycles of Cape they had decreased to 288.  A huge drop.  I asked the Onc if the spike could have been a mistake, he said that because I had 8 weeks with no treatment he thought that could have caused the huge rise.  After the first cycle my white platelets were a bit low but after another blood test  - done there and then - they had risen to just over ‘the line’. so they gave me my second cycle.  I have 2000 x 2 daily.

the Onc told me that it wasn’t just the TMs which had improved but several of the readings had improved...I have always been a bit anaemic but that had improved etc. And my energy levels have increased, even did some baking with my grandchildren over half term. - all 5 of them - then took 4 of them to the cinema and KFC the day after...

so based on this we are assuming that cape is working for me.  It seems such a huge change in the TM numbers both up and then down - just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.  I am pretty cautious and don’t want to get excited too quickly.

Graceland Girl - what did the Onc say, has he and you decided to continue with the Cape.  I am also an Elvis fan, been to Graceland once..loved it.  We actually stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel.

Carolyn52 - wholeheartedly agree about E & E being devil pills, the mouth ulcers were horrendous, I lost so much weight as I found it difficult to both eat and drink with them.

Thanks for posting everyone

Lynne xx

Highlighted

Morning George

Just wondering how you are getting on. I still read through most threads even though I am not on cape now. Have your had your scan yet? If you have I hope it was good news. I have had 10 cycles of taxol down to have 12. I noticed you have also had taxol how did you find it? I am now struggling to be honest.

Linda

Highlighted

Hello ladies
Thanks for joining it's nice to hear from you and the side effects etc.
I start my fifth cycle next week too .. I have liver? Lungs and adrenal glands mets as well as extensive bone mets but my main worry is the brain mets as I agreed with oncologist rads on the brain was not really much help ..the stage they are at. Apparently cape does break through the brain barrier and there is hope it will stabilise them for a while. I have had them since March 2018 . My balance is a bit wonky and I have tingly tongue and face but I deal with it on a day to day basis. I am on a dosage of 1600 x 2 daily which I think is small but does give me a quality of life.
Highlighted

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to say hello and join in the cape ladies chat x. I am on my weeks break, with my fifth cycle due next week.  All ok so far.  Feet ok, hands ok although I do moisturise every day to try and prevent soreness.  I was diagnosed nearly 3 years ago straight to stage 4, liver and hip and then 10 months ago brain mets.  WBR over 2 weeks , I was not prepared for how low that would bring me but I came out of the other side.  Positive thoughts to all of you xxx

Highlighted

Hello all....sorry that after sending my first post and receiving lots of messages, I suddenly experienced all the side effects of CAP. Stomach pains, sickness, water infection and the feeling that my batteries had been removed. It all started on the 2nd week of my 2nd cycle.Consequently when I had my review the Onc decided not to give me my next prescription, but wants to see me again tomorrow. Most of the side effects have cleared up now and my batteries are slowly recharging.

To Lynnq, yes I am a devoted fan of Elvis ! I've visited Graceland 3 times, but doubt whether I'll ever make the journey again, but I do have lots of Elvis parties, which keep my spirits up.

I hope that the Onc will give me my next prescription so I can carry on with the treatment. As I was on the maximum dose she may decide to reduce it. A couple of girls I have spoken to at my support group had to have their dose reduced and one of those girls said her CAP was reduced when she suffered the same reaction as me on the 2nd week of her 2nd cycle. 

I hope all who are reading this post are doing well and i'll update you all after Ive seen my Onc.

Lots of Love Carolyn xxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Thanks Linda
You have done so well on weekly taxol ..must be nearly over now. . Hopefully back to a hormone soon for you. Hospital ran out of the big 500 mg cape pills so I have all 150 ones ..it's loads to swallow. .think it's about 10 to make up the dosage.
But never mind ..should get new supply next week if bloods ok when I see oncologist next Wednesday.
For all you ladies reading. .hope you are coping well with the peachy pills too ...don't be shy ..post here and let us know how things are with you.

Xx
Highlighted

Hi Carolyn welcome back. I know you are aware I am not on cape now but I regularly read to see how people are doing.

I am so pleased it is working for you long may it continue.

Linda

Highlighted

Hello carolsue
I was so nervous about starting cape although I had friends that coped well with it as it's a big step on from.letrozole ..but after taking exmestance and everolimus for 5 months ..anything would be easy ..they were the devil pills.
I'm just finishing my 4th cycle Saturday and get a weeks break from the peachy pills. .but always feel tired without them and to be honest glad to get back on them ! I've oiled my hands and feet twice a day. .so no problems but I do wear sketchers a lot which are soft and bouncy!
Best of luck with the new regime. .you will be fine.
Xxx
Highlighted

Thank you for the encouragement. I am beginning xeloda in a few days and frankly was worried about the side effects. This has given me some peace. I've taken taxol in the past as well as herceptin for 10 years for her2nu+ metastatic breast cancer. Thanks again for the cheerful attitudes. Blessings to all.
Highlighted

Welcome back Carolyn! So glad to read that you are back on the forum and your son's wedding went so well. Family is everything when the chips are down, aren't they? Cape seems to be working well, so pleased for you.

I called Cape a wonder drug when I was on it! I had very few side effects and it worked for 2.5 years as it has for many others. I think because it is called chemo we expect it to be brutal but I much preferred it to my current trial drugs. Wishing all the Cape crusaders many more months of good results x

Highlighted

Supergirl.pnghere we are ladies. .superwomen. xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

How lovely to have enjoyed your sons wedding Carolyn. As you say, something maybe a few months ago you didn’t think you’d be able to. I have been in that situation many a time and somehow my treatment has been far more effective than I ever thought it would be at the time.  So there’s always hope. And you now have the twins birthday to look forward to as well. Our grandson was 1 a couple of months ago and it was so nice to be part of this landmark. Apart from the joy he brings me (well, except for this morning when he is here and causing havoc as ever!)  he also brought great joy to my Dad and that is a big comfort for all of us at this sad time. Thanks for your kind wishes. 

I hope your recent post is one of many and it’s good to see that you are tolerating Cape so well, it is quite the unsung hero of the chemo world!

Nicky x