pain after first denosumab

Hi there

I had my first denosumab injection on Wednesday past after being on palbociclib and letrozole for 3 months which I’m tolerating well. However since wed my lower back and some other bones have been aching to the point it’s restricting my movement. CT scan had stable results. Anyone else find this with bone injections??  If so does it settle down after a while? 

jools xx

Hi Joel’s

Sorry to hear that you’re in pain. Unfortunately, first jab of Denosumab always comes with pain, but good news are it will settle. Try to take Paracetamol if unbearable. I remember my first bone strengthener experience (not Denosumab), had very bad flu like symptoms after that, and half of the night been remembering that doctor said it should take pain away, it should make me feel better! Fortunately, pain and fiver didn’t last for long, only couple of days, and then came long anticipated relief. I’m on Denosumab for 4 years now and had never experienced anything like that again. However, if you are not improving in a few days time, please contact your BC Nurse for advice.

Hope you’ll get better soon. Big hug.

Olga x

Hi had Densonub ast week had two injections on each buttock, that was on th Thursday, ok Friday Saturday, Sunday in very bad pain on the left,couldn’t get out of bed stand up eventually had to ring the emergency number, spoke to a nurse and told her how I was feeling, she wanted me to be admitted so daughter drove me to hospital they had to get me a wheelchair went into a triage little room with bed and table, doctor arrived after hours of waiting said he wanted me to have a mri scan , had scan in for an hour scan results were ok but the consultant wanted to look more closely on the spine to see if it was compressing he didn’t think it was , they don’t know if it’s because of the Denosumab injections, so he is ringing me today to let me know.