62236members
327644posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you embarrassed about your diagnosis? I notice lots of views but very few responses to people.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Are you embarrassed about your diagnosis? I notice lots of views but very few responses to peop

Hi Mslola, I love Sats too. So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I'm in no place to reply really as I'm waiting for results, and can't imagine what you must be feeling. I'm already angry and upset, and I only had a biopsy. Of course you will feel angry, perhaps even grief. The ladies on here will support you. They be helped me. I find just posting, but no reply helpful to me. You can call the nurses also. Keep posting Mslola. X 

Community Champion

Re: Are you embarrassed about your diagnosis? I notice lots of views but very few responses to peop

Hi Lola,

As the other lovely ladies have said...

There’s no right or wrong, just post here or not, depending on what you feel or need & just ignore the view stats. 

I’ve learnt a lot from just reading posts & will not generally respond if I don’t have anything new to add, or if the issue is out of my experience with bc. 

Emabarrased? definitely not!

Do take care & do come & chat or vent whenever you need to. 

Sending hugs

ann x

It’s ok to be angry. Jill’s right, it’s scary stuff and makes you really vulnerable. 

So when people are feeling vulnerable some topics can be very emotive.

May join one of the treatment threads and you can travel your journey together with others......I found that really supportive both times.

it,s ok to like statistics......but we are all individuals....best not to place too much on numbers I think.

i don’t really think there is a ‘better’ cancer.... I had DCIS (non invasive)  in 2012 4mm low grade (probably the ‘best’ Breast cancer I could have had! ) .....was told I had a 3 percent chance of recurrence....but back it still came back 6 years later...... so I was one of the 3% and not one of the 97%.......then there’s others who have a much higher chance of recurrence because of their type of cancer....but remain cancer free for the rest of their lives.   

You’ll get there

K

Community Champion

You are entitled to be angry having cancer ( even the " good " kind ) is **** !! It's scary and emotional and it makes you feel very vulnerable - just because someone has things worse than you does not really make you feel better does it ?? Lots of support and humour on this forum - strangely had lots of laughs with the lovely ladies I met going through treatment 4 years ago and still in touch with most of them now .

Highlighted

I want to post more but i am worried i may say the wrong thing and make everything worse!!

I like statistics..

I do feel embarrassed!  Its horrid telling people.

I didn't even want to post initially as i felt almost like i was gloating as in "mine is better than yours".!  I didn't actually think that but i have a friend who is terminal.  Lung cancer but i just feel like i should get over it and be grateful!

It's really not nice at all land i am not very good with words. I always try to find the humour...

I really appreciate you saying you were a lurker!!!  Helps me understand...

Thank you.

p.s. i think i am angry at the moment..

Community Champion

Hi - mostly people don't post because they don't feel they have the relevant experience to help with your particular question / situation - it's not because they don't care .Breast cancer diagnoses vary so greatly so we all have very different treatment plans and experiences .Jill x

Thank you.

I am sorry if i offended you.

I appreciate your response.

Hello

I find your post a little odd??

i very rarely post these days although I did during diagnosis and treatment, (primary diagnoses in 2012 and 2018) but I Get a lot of support and comfort from reading others , even now.  Not everyone wants to post and put themselves out there.  Not everyone has the words to offer others, or even feel it is appropriate. Sometimes people are asking for specifics about which only the minority would know the answer to.  

I certainly can’t imagine that people don’t post because they are embarrassed.???

Over the past 7 years I have been mainly a’lurker’ on these forums, ..,,,,,,my take is that....people use these forums differently, there is no right or wrong way...,some post daily, some pop on now and then and chat to their peer groups and many ( like me I expect!) just pop on to see what’s going on in the BCC Community and if that’s how they find support then that’s great.......in my opinion anyway.

I hope you find your own path on your this journey.

Kitkat

No. Not afraid to say the wrong thing. Not afraid of admitting any shortcomings. Just an adult who responds if I have something helpful or supportive to say but who also knows the value of stepping back if I have nothing to add. 

Thank you for your concern regarding how people choose to use the forum. Sorry if they don’t always fit in with your expectations.

Are you embarrassed about your diagnosis? I notice lots of views but very few responses to people.

I wonder why people read and then don't post?

Looking at the numbers there must be about 1% response rate to posts.

Are we scared of saying the wrong thing?

Are we scared to admit it ourselves?

Just wondered...