Getting breast cancer just after my mum completed her treatment

So my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. It was horrendous to find out, she’s 65 and I’m 43. After getting chemo she got a lumpectomy and radiotherapy and got the all clear in her Jan/Feb tests. Then I found a lump! I was diagnosed with triple negative breast and lymph node cancer in july. My poor mum took it worse than I did tbh. I just had my second chemotherapy yesterday ( shout out to Lorna at Wishaw General ?) and its really not as bad as I thought. We are plodding on with treatment, trying to stay as normal as possible and have positive attitude. It’s really nice to find a forum like this. Thanks for sharing your stories my lovelies

Hi CarolineSavva:smileywink:

Sorry that you find yourself on here but welcome to the group. I am relatively new here myself but found comfort on some of the supportive advises from the girls. I’m 40 years old with 2 teenagers and husband. No family history of BC. Like you, I was diagnosed with TNBC with axillary lymph node involvement on the 21st of August. Still awaiting to start my chemo which is on the 18th of September. Please feel free to join our September Chemotherapy thread. xx