5 REPLIES 5
Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: IBC Survival

Very glad to hear that Lizzy ,best wishes for the future .x

Lizzy1960

Hello Jill

i am sorry that I have not responded, I have only just seen this post from you! 
just to let you know I have completed chemo, had a mastectomy & clearance of lymph nodes followed by 15 sessions of radiotherapy. 
I have now been discharged from both the surgeon & oncologist who has told me I am cured now. it’s been a long slog but being on this side of treatment feels good. 
I will be on Anastrozol for 5-10 years & ibandronic acid for 3-5 years but hey! 
I think I have been incredibly lucky. 
Take care 

Liz 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hello Lizzie ,welcome to the forum .If you would like some support going through chemo there are monthly threads where people going through this at the same time can give each other advice and support - I will post you a link .Good luck with your treatment .Jill x https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/April-2019-Chemo-Starters/td-p...

Lizzy1960

I have been diagnosed with IBC in March I have just today had my first chemo! I am feeling ok! Armed with enough anti sickness tablets to stop a bull elephant but working! I am so glad to hear your good! It gives me and I am sure many others inspiration! 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Jane - thank you so much for posting that will give a lot of ladies just being diagnosed a lot of hope and comfort
Janeway2

IBC Survival

Just popping back to the forum on the 15th anniversary of being diagnosed with IBC (aged 35, 10x12cm mass, node +, stage 3B, grade 4) to say I’m alive and well and have seen my baby [not quite 2 at the time] grow in to a great young man.  When I was diagnosed I didn’t know of anybody with IBC who lived that long, so didn’t know it was possible, so I hope the fact we’re out here helps.

All my best wishes to sisters, and brothers, currently facing this disease.