New Triple Negative diagnosis

Please help. I am 38, just been diagnosed with triple negative, tumour is 2.7cm, and a biopsy of a lymph node also positive. I had resigned myself to the cancer diagnosis but the TN status and the node were the worst news I feared. I have a one year old and I feel I’ve been handed a death sentence. Will the treatment only make me feel awful and then in the end it doesn’t work? I want to see my baby grow up…

hi

our journeys are all different but i was diagnosed on 3 jan this year with triple negative and lympth.

after 2 chemos went into lockdown but 4 chemos more, tumours had gone, lumpectomy on 13 july and full lymph removal just need radiotherapy to rubber stamp.

wont lie cheno was awful at times but i am here and determined to carry on.

fingers crossed you will be the same - stay strong

xx

Please do keep off dr google, a good book that helped me is surviving triple negative breast cancer by Patricia prijatel, it’s not for everyone but it did help me, she is a tnbc survivor. Others are Robin Roberts and Joan lunden (USA tv presenters) and there are lots of us tnbc survivors here too. Take it one step at a time and one treatment at a time, use the threads for questions about surgery, chemo and rads when you know what your teams plan is for you. Also ring the number on here and use the someone like me option and the speak to a nurse option. Tnbc is treatable and your team will know what to do :two_women_holding_hands: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

Hi,

I have also recently been diagnosed with tnbc and I have a very active 4 year old.
My lump was about 30mm and 3 nodes involved. 
When the doctor first gave me the diagnosis he didn’t dwell on the triple negative bit and it wasn’t until later that I read what you’ve probably read online. 
However, my oncologists have always spoken to me like this is going to be treated aggressively and we’ll beat it. My chemo has so far shrunk the tumour so much that I can no longer feel it (it was close to the skin). I am also on a clinical trial so I’m getting an additional chemo drug too. 
Tbh, I am still fearful of the tnbc, I am managing to put it to the side for now and just focus on all that’s being done to get rid of it. 
It is super hard with a young child. Luckily the first 4-5 weeks of chemo were surprisingly easy and it’s only now that I’m struggling a bit. Take all the help that’s available with your 1yo, we even decided to send our son to nursery, despite Covid, so I can rest as much as possible. 

If you have any more questions please feel free to get in touch. 
Sending hugs, Emma