Triple Negative and 4 years on....

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Triple Negative and 4 years on....

Me too feel so scared when read about Triple negative too

also have two boys xx

Highlighted

Thank you for posting this. I am having a real wobble today about my triple negative probably due to the start of my chemo being on Monday and worrying about my boys! I am usually a really positive person. This has helped to lift my spirits x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi KLF007,

Thank you so much for sharing your success story. It has definitely given me some peace of mind and inspiration!

TNBC is such a scary diagnosis. It is nice to know that it can be treated and people can go to live their lives once again. I have just finished my last round of chemo and are moving onto radiotherapy soon. In my mind the cancer is all gone now, but as you say there are days the fear returns. It is good to know they these day’s  of thoughts happen less often than forgetting  you have had cancer. It shows you are able to get on with and live your life once again. You should be very proud. 

Hope I am able to follow the same mindset. I know I am lucky to be treated and appreciated the medical intervention I have had. I will enjoy my life more and live for every day!

Have a lovely day

Love, Tara xxx

Highlighted

Hi KLF007

Thank you for taking the trouble to to share your positive news. I was diagnosed with bc on 7th Dec 2018, two days after my 62nd birthday. The biopsy did not determine whether I was TNBC or HER2 positive so I had to wait until I had my lumpectomy and full ANC clearance in June 2019 for a confirmed result which was TNBC. I had a complete meltdown in January this year, convinced that the cancer would return next year. I had counselling for sevearal weeks during April and May, by phone, which helped enormously and put everything into perspective. Hearing from people like yourself gives me hope for the future. 

I am actually with the February 19 chemo starters group and since September last year we have kept in daily contact via Facebook Messenger so between our large group there is plenty of support. One of the other ladies is also TNBC was diagnosed at the age of 39 so I will pass your message onto her.

Thank you once again for posting. Take care.

Susie B xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️Karla ❤️ wonderful news for you and gives tnbcs hope and reassurance that tnbc is treatable and survivable 👍thanks for sharing your fantastic news with everyone on here and everyone who is tnbc who has finished treatment or tnbc’s newly diagnosed looking for some hope and inspiration ❤️😘 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Karla - that was such a positive message to read, thank you for taking the time to come back on here. By its very nature people usually post on here if they have questions or worries, and so it’s always really good to read a post like yours.

Hugs and best wishes to you

Evie xx

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi KLF007,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your experience.

I am sorry you haven't had any response yet. I am hoping that my response will help our members to see your post and share their experience.

Sending you our warmest wishes,

Zoe

Highlighted

Triple Negative and 4 years on....

Hi All,

I don’t think I’ve posted on here since 2017 but I’ve just passed my 4 year TNBC cancerversary and wanted to post something today, to give something positive back to anyone who might need it right now....

I was diagnosed in Sept 2016 at 37 years old with a grade 3, 2.5cm TN tumour in my left breast. Negative lymph nodes. I had scans galore, 6 rounds of FEC-T, followed by a WLE and then radiotherapy. I had a pathological complete response to Chemo which was amazing. 

4 years on now....life is good. Sometimes I forget that I had Cancer and sometimes ( not often ) it all comes back. 

Happy to speak to anyone who needs it right now. Covid must really be causing havoc right now.

Hugs,

Karla x