Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling Stressed At Work

9 REPLIES 9
Sunflower14

Re: Feeling Stressed At Work

Hi Anncolloway32

I noticed your post and was wondering what the remote working company was about and what you do? I am thinking it a possibility of a phased return to work at the end of next month. I may reduce my hours, and I have asked the question about working from home. I would be interested to know what you do for a job role with the company you provided the link for. Thanks Sunflower xx

BabyBlues1875

Thanks Jill well done for getting it. I will try the cancer charity at the hospital near me I'm sure they can help xx

Jill1998
Community Champion
Jill1998
Community Champion

CAB have an idiots guide to applying for PIP and it gives a breakdown of how points are awarded - but def get Macmilan or similar to help you .

Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes I did get PIP but took advice on filling in the form and I found the whole process very stressful .

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi -I think it's a real skill managing to fill the form in to meet the criteria and tick the boxes to get the points - I've known extremely unwell people score no points but get higher rate on appeal - definately get help from an advice service to fill in the form - it's wrong but that's the way it is 😡

BabyBlues1875

Hi Jill can i ask please did you manage to get pip awarded? I finished treatment in october 2016 and returned to work a month later. I have dropped down to 30hrs due to cognitive issues, pain and fatigue and now been referred to my occupational health due to feeling overwhelmed all the time at work. They have written to my manager citing the equality act and suggested a stress assessment. She suggested long term that I should reduce my hours even further but I couldn't afford to take that drop. 

I tried to apply for PIP in the early days after treatment and went for the assessment in person but I scored 0 for both parts! I just wondered what you would score on to get any income from PIP? As you suggested I will try to contact a McM advisor in my local area. 

Jewels994

Do please get your union involved, remember you are protected by the Equality act. Also as Jill1998 suggested, apply for pip.

Julie xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

I can sympathise as my employers dismissed me on health grounds last year due to my multiple ongoing issues they lost patience - it's very stressful dealing with work issues alongside health issues .Have you thought about applying for PIP ? The extra income from that may help you reduce your hours or change to a less demanding job .If you do apply get a Macmillan advisor or welfare rights officer to help you fill it in as they can help you maximise your chances of being successful .

Fiona2901

Feeling Stressed At Work

Hello Ladies I've not posted since I finished treatment at the end of January 2018. I am having a rough time at work and now await my final case review on 11 June and one of the outcomes is that I may be dismissed on medical grounds. My treatment wasn't as straightforward as I had hoped and was in and out of hospital for the last six months of 2017. Any of you who want a bit of background can search for my waffle from back then. I'm currently under the Obs & Gynae people at my local hospital as have a cyst and fibroids and periods have been heavy and very sporadic since I started taking Tamoxifen. I am limited to what they can treat me with by way of medication as my BC was positive for both estrogen and progesterone. I am due back at the hospital on 13 June - two days after my review. To make matters worse I have a condition called Bile Salt Malabsorption which I developed several years after having my gallbladder removed. In a nutshell my body produces too much bile which then only has one place to go and can strike at any time. With all this I've had a camera up for both areas but with my Bile Salt Malabsorption I cannot leave the house at times. Work have told me that if I have an issue I have to call in sick which in turn stresses me out, which in turn makes the condition worse. They have been fair to me in all of this and I am an Union Member so will get them involved but keeping me hanging on for a couple of weeks with my condition really isn't helping!!!!!! Since my treatment I have started to look at things differently and would love a job change but as my partner is only doing temp work at the moment I am the main breadwinner and changing to something else or part-time won't cover the bills!!!!!!! All in all just feeling fed up so apologies for the waffle. x Fiona