Feeling Stressed At Work

Hello Ladies I’ve not posted since I finished treatment at the end of January 2018. I am having a rough time at work and now await my final case review on 11 June and one of the outcomes is that I may be dismissed on medical grounds. My treatment wasn’t as straightforward as I had hoped and was in and out of hospital for the last six months of 2017. Any of you who want a bit of background can search for my waffle from back then. I’m currently under the Obs & Gynae people at my local hospital as have a cyst and fibroids and periods have been heavy and very sporadic since I started taking Tamoxifen. I am limited to what they can treat me with by way of medication as my BC was positive for both estrogen and progesterone. I am due back at the hospital on 13 June - two days after my review. To make matters worse I have a condition called Bile Salt Malabsorption which I developed several years after having my gallbladder removed. In a nutshell my body produces too much bile which then only has one place to go and can strike at any time. With all this I’ve had a camera up for both areas but with my Bile Salt Malabsorption I cannot leave the house at times. Work have told me that if I have an issue I have to call in sick which in turn stresses me out, which in turn makes the condition worse. They have been fair to me in all of this and I am an Union Member so will get them involved but keeping me hanging on for a couple of weeks with my condition really isn’t helping!!! Since my treatment I have started to look at things differently and would love a job change but as my partner is only doing temp work at the moment I am the main breadwinner and changing to something else or part-time won’t cover the bills!!! All in all just feeling fed up so apologies for the waffle. x Fiona

I can sympathise as my employers dismissed me on health grounds last year due to my multiple ongoing issues they lost patience - it’s very stressful dealing with work issues alongside health issues .Have you thought about applying for PIP ? The extra income from that may help you reduce your hours or change to a less demanding job .If you do apply get a Macmillan advisor or welfare rights officer to help you fill it in as they can help you maximise your chances of being successful .

Do please get your union involved, remember you are protected by the Equality act. Also as Jill1998 suggested, apply for pip.

Julie xx