Feeling unfulfilled at work

Things were sailing well when I returned to work and was grateful for the support I was given by the management during treatment of my breast cancer. I even got promoted later after coming back . However,  I realised I am not getting fulfilled on what I do anymore started to dislike what I do. I felt I was spending more time at work than my loved ones. I recently cut my hours but has put a strain on our financial situation and I don’t want to go back being full time again.

many thanks

Kerry

Hi Annpena, 

just read your post about work. Well done going back after treatment and getting promoted, that’s not easy to do. 

I think how we feel about work/life changes after going through so much. I’ve been off work since March and have pretty much decided I won’t be going back. I’ve been with the same employer for 30 years and no longer enjoy what I do. Part of me feels I don’t want to waste my time sitting doing something I don’t get any enjoyment from. 

Financially things will have to change but we’ll manage. At the moment I feel I just need time to get over what’s happened and then hopefully find something I find a bit more fulfilling. 

I hope things work out for you xx