Travel insurance

Hi 
Anyone with experience of this …. I’ve been searching for travel insurance for a week in Italy in May this year . When answering questions re breast cancer . I was diagnosed and treated last year . I’m unsure what to put re - have you been offered and turned down treatment . I had an Oncotype   19 and was offered chemotherapy however following discussion with the oncologist - decided not to have it . As there was a process behind this decision just wondering what anyone else has unable stated . I don’t feel I’ve refused it but when I’ve put it down as refused - I’m coming up as unable to insure with cover for breast cancer . Any advice ?

I am not an expert but I would imagine they mean have you refused all treatment meaning you still have active disease. If you have received some treatment and responded to it successfully then you don’t need to disclose the treatment you didn’t have especially as the decision was made with the advice of your oncologist.

I am going to Italy in May too, thankfully still covered by my annual travel insurance which was renewed before diagnosis. I am not looking forward to the hike in price when I have to renew it in July or if too expensive take out single trip insurance for when I go to Egypt to do a charity cycling challenge in November.

I hope you get your insurance sorted and enjoy your holiday in Italy. xx

I had the same experience but then when I explained it to the lady on the phone having been refused she told me to ring back and say I hadn’t refused treatment - as in fact I had followed advice of the drs based on risk benefit not to have radiotherapy. I rang again immediately and was accepted. if your decision was after discussion with the drs who weren’t advising it was essential I think it is fine to answer this way.
hope that helps.

Hi evmel, I too have just had the same experience. Insure and go quoted me £225 for an annual policy. When i went through it with their advisor on the phone i mentioned i had had one type of chemo but refused another. This changed the annual premium, even with a discount, to £1500!!! A requote just for a single trip came out at £396. Thinking i shall just have to travel without and take my chances. Tulip xxx