Work Stress and Struggling

Hi All

i have posted on here before about work stress. It is still ongoing unfortunately and it is really impacting on my mental health. 

I  still working from home like most of the rest of my Organization and I am being goaded to go into work. Work is now sending me to Occupational Health to get their opinion on whether I can be sent into work. I really don’t feel comfortable going into work. The other day I broke down. I was hysterical. The next day I phoned in sick. I have got an appointment with my GP on Monday and I want to be signed off sick. 

I went back to work last May after having breast cancer and even then I wasn’t right to start working. I have been bullied and harassed by a new member of staff over the months and I advised Hr recently that I am struggling and all the could say was, I have had my adjustments and nothing they can do. 

A couple of days ago I watched some of my work being deleted infront of my eyes and I think I know who deleted it. My line manager. She has bullied me since she started working for the organisation last year. I am on the edge and feel extremely poorly with the effects of everything. I really need some advice. Please can someone help. Xx

Hi sunflower14 

It makes me so annoyed when I see people being treated like this by their employers.when they have cancer

Particularly now during covid! Think some of them are using this situation to bully employees, would you be able to get furlough?? I am waiting for lung surgery for possible secondary breast cancer so I contacted my gp who put me on the shielded list even though I didn’t strictly fit the criteria as they list it on the government website, gps can do this at their discretion, my husband then managed to get furlough from his employer, they requested proof that was clinically vulnerable, he asked for it as the nature of his job means he delivers all over the country and would been working in all the worst affected places for covid and would put me at risk of bringing covid home his employers are notoriously difficult and have been in the past over his health issues so he went to them armed with the gp letter and is now  on furlough, maybe you could do something like this, from what I can understand an employer has to consider a request for furlough under the disability acts ( cancer is included in this ), you have to ‘sell’ your case to the gp if you do not fit the criteria for cancer treatments that are covered  which is on gov website 

Don’t know if this advice is of any use but I know how stressful difficult employers can be!!

Hi Sunflower

I’m sorry it’s still a huge source of stress to you. I strongly advise you ring the Macmillan Helpline on Monday. One of the options is work-related issues. You will get sound advice and will be helped to devise strategies to take this forward.

Remember you are protected under the Equalities Act 2010 as a cancer diagnosis gives you rights under the disabilities provisions. It might be worth having a read of this so you feel better informed as you listen to the Macmillan adviser.

Best of luck xx