Work

I had a mastectomy in July 17 and have been taking tamoxifen since then. Luckily I didn’t need chemotherapy or radiotherapy. I went back to work full time one week after my op and have done so since. I get very tired and go to bed at 7 most nights just to cope. I want to go part time and I know my bosses will support me (they have been great with me so far) but I am worried about finances. I have a 16 Yr old son at college and worried if I will get enough help to go part time? I rang the tax credits and they said I would only get 3 pounds a week extra? Any advice?

Hi Alison

Maybe you could give our free Helpline a call, 0808 800 6000.  Our experts will be able to help you and provide information.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Hi Alison, give the support line a call and also Macmillan have a very good advice line for work, finance and benefits. Depending on how many hours you work, what you earn and your savings there are lots of benefits you might be eligible for.
Good luck. You really don’t need the extra financial worry whilst going through this x