63395members
333562posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booked a place on the Younger Women Together event in Edinburgh ?

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Booked a place on the Younger Women Together event in Edinburgh ?

Ladies I was discharged from hospital yesterday evening so I spent the night at home and I’ll come and join you all first thing. Sorry to miss the first day but looking forward to catching up! 😊

I’m currently spending the night in the hospital over the road from the hotel...! Blood count is low and trying to nip a possible infection in the bud so may or may not get out in time to join you all.

Hoping I can but will have to see how I fare xx

Im a little nervous too! It will be nice to chat to people who understand exactly what we’re all going through. 

Sharon 

xx

Hi lovely ladies ,I've had breast cancer twice now first age 35 then 37 well I think that's the age lol around then anyway Haha,really looking forward to this weekend to meet u all and having lunch and drinks on Thursday(2moro)and if anyone else wants to join us feel free,there's a few of us meeting ,I can give u times and place Smiley Happy and if not then see u all Friday 

Jacqueline Xx

Hi ladies

I am 42 and live in Drumnadrochit. I was diagnosed in October last year with TNBC and jeez that was the biggest head **** ever! In a better, calmer place now and I have just had my last chemo session on Wednesday 🎉. Can't believe how fast that's came in, where the heck has the last 6 months gone!!? 

Lumpectomy in the Easter holidays followed by radiotherapy and potentially oral chemo yet so a bit of a way to go yet but delighted to have chapter one almost done!

I've been looking forward to this event for so long I most definitely find the support from those who have been there is invaluable. I just hope my chemo effects have eased enough for me to let my hair down 😜

Right need to find some energy to pack something... 🙄🙄🙄

See you all soon.

Michelle ❤️

Hi all, I'm 39 (diagnosed last May at 38). Very similar to a lot of you in that for a while I felt sooo young at various appointments.  Had lumpectomy, chemotherapy and radiotherapy - finished in November.  Now on hormone treatment as I'm hormone receptive.  Looking forward to good chats with ladies in similar position x

Hello,

I'm travelling from Arbroath Friday morning for conference. Very much looking forward to it & meeting everyone.  I am 38, diagnosed August 2018 (1 of 4 in my family within 8 months in the last year). My sistetr was coming too but now starts chemo on Friday. I had a double mastectomy & reconstructive Oct 18' and last chemo finished on 13th March. Radiotherapy to start April. 

See you all Friday,

Barbara-Ann x

Hi Laura

I think I maybe work with your hubby? Will be good to meet you on Friday.

Mandy x

Hi

I'm Michelle from Glasgow, diagnosed last year at age 42 (43 now). Had lumpectomy, chemo and radiotherapy. Back at Beatson tomorrow to find out what imaging I am going to be sent for due to liver pain and elevates liver levels, hip and back pain and breast pain. Really looking forward to meeting everyone xx

Hi Girls,

I’m travelling down from Aberdeen to Edinburgh on Thursday afternoon. I’m 40 and I was diagnosed with TNBC in Sept 2016. I’ve been clear for 2 years now ! 

Looking forward to meeting everyone. 

Lots of love and hugs

Karla xxx

Hi I’m coming down from the Highlands with 3 other ladies and looking forward to meeting everyone and learning lots of new info too. Feeling a bit nervous but we are all in the same boat. This is a bit out of my comfort zone but I’m sure we will all be fine after the first few hours. 

Im a triple negative BC and had a rough ride through treatment. I finished  treatment end of Aug last year so slowly trying to live with the new normal . I would love to meet some other TN ladies too as I’ve only ever met 2 ladies in the same boat as me 

See you you all on Thursday /Friday! Xx

Hi, I’m in East Lothian just outside Edinburgh, also triple negative. Looking forward to meeting you all on Friday 😁

Hi Everyone

I am looking forward to the course but am a little nervous.  I finished treatment last year and also found not a lot of ladies about same age.  I am 42 but was 40 when first diagnosed.  

Travelling from Dunoon in Argyll. 

Look forward to meeting everyone 😀

I stay in Edinburgh so feel a bit bad about taking a room but it’s better than going home... given the hotel is right opposite the hospital I can just wander over.

Hoping I don’t miss much in the morning but appointments have to come first. Been waiting two months for my staging with various tests and also waiting on my genetics so still feel quite in the dark, but I’m triple negative so I’m just doing what the doctors say as there aren’t many options for me. Whatever comes will come. And I’ll have new friends too! 😊

Hope all goes well with results and you’re feeling well enough to come along.  

I know what you mean I’ve not met anyone at my appointment that’s round about my age (40).  

Take care xx

Hello,

I'm also coming along and looking forward to meeting you all.  I live just outside Edinburgh so not too far to travel :-)

Laura

Hi everyone.

I'm booked on and feeling a lot of nervous excitement. I've only come across one person my age since diagnosis and she was in clinic now and then as I was leaving, otherwise it's all been older individuals...some very strong men included.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and will be travelling up on the Thursday from Derbyshire...the most I've travelled since starting chemo. 

See you soon,

Emma

Hello!

I'll be there.  I'm very much looking forward to talking to other women in my position Smiley Happy

Sarah

Good morning everyone

I am also booked on the course and looking forward to meeting everyine. Like Lisa many of the other ladies I have met have been older and it will be great to interact with others that are at a similar point in their life.

I am quite excited and cannot wait, x

Hi Joanne 👋🏻

I’m booked on too but I have a blood test and a consultant meeting in the morning when I expect to get my staging so I will either come at lunchtime on Friday or not at all depending on the news... I’m also on cycle two of chemo so it’s assuming I’m feeling well also.

But fingers crossed, as all the younger women have been hiding at every clinic, scan and other appointment...! I’m 39 not the younger end of younger but still feel so much younger than everyone else I’ve seen!

So if a woman with long brown hair in a cap appears at lunchtime that’s me!

Lisa xx

Hi I’ve also booked a place on the younger women together event.  I’m looking forward to it but a bit nervous.  Hope to meet and talk to women who know how I’m feeling.  

Looking forward to meeting you all ❤️ Xx

Highlighted

Booked a place on the Younger Women Together event in Edinburgh ?

Younger Women Together in Edinburgh

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Forum in Edinburgh but worried about going alone? 

Every year we receive queries from women, including concerns about coming along to the Forum on their own. Feedback from previous forums has said how helpful it was to talk on the Forums before the event.
This thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the Forum. I will check in regularly and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you on Friday
Steph