70432members
370468posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booked a place on the Younger Women Together event in Leicester?

32 REPLIES 32
vmchugh

Re: Booked a place on the Younger Women Together event in Leicester?

Hey!!! Wow.....we have lots in common then ♥️ looking forward to meeting you x
KezB

Hi Claire, I'm happy to drive. Do you have facebook? If you want to add/send me a message we can sort logistics. Kerry Blake (Davis). Profile pic is of me with a long dark wig and almost bold hubby sticking his tounge out. Hopefully you can find me lol! I don't know if these things are private to send my mobile number 🤣. If your struggling I'll send you my email X
Hayden13

Hi Kerry, I'm from Nottingham wouldn't mind car sharing if you want to or the other option that I know a few are doing is getting the coach xx
KezB

Hi ladies, sorry I have only just seen the email for this forum. My name's Kerry I'm 29 from Nottingham. Was diagnoised with breast cancer April this year. I'm ER positive, Her2 negative and currently undergoing chemo. Also very nervous but excited about the weekend as I haven't been to one of these before and will be lovely to meet you all.

How are the ladies from Nottingham getting there? I was going to drive if anyone wanted a lift
Laurie_j

34 and BRCA2+ as well!! Now Sarah, where are you getting that coach? Xx
lalalottier

Hi Vickie, we are the same age. I am also BRCA2+ and have had the same treatment to you. The only 2 differences is mine was Lobular and a whopper of a tumour...8.7cm. And I am due to have a full hysterectomy in January 2019. 

See you Friday. xxx

Hayden13

Hi Sarah, what time is the coach and where is it from? Claire xx
SJPrior

Hi Laurie. Hope you’re well. Really sorry. I’ve only just seen your message. My husband has now booked me a coach ticket as the coach station is closer to the venue. The journey is a bit longer but the ticket was only £6 😀. Would you like to get the coach with me? x
vlideson

Hi! I'm Vicky! Aged 38 diagnosed last September with Stage 2 Grade 3 Invasive ducal carcinoma, I finished chemo in March and currently rocking a lovely curly pixie cut! I'm so looking forward to meeting you all! X
Hayden13

Hi Sarah, I'm up for getting the train xx
vmchugh

Hi Everyone, I'm Vickie and 34 years old.... diagnosed last August with breast cancer...then found out I was BCRA2 carrier, had double mastectomy, 6 rounds of chemo, 15 radiotherapy and I had a bilateral oopherectomy last month.
I am looking forward to meeting you all, as it be so nice to speak to women around my own age.
I am also looking forward to finally meeting one of my Breast Friends who I have met while I was having treatment who will also be on this course.

Throughout my treatment I have created an online Facebook blog and Instagram I you would like to have a look...... My Instagram is vickies_breast_cancer_story

And Facebook is:
https://www.facebook.com/vickiesbreastcancerstory/

Have a look if you like and give me a wave!!
Looking forward to meeting you all xxx
Jo_reg

Hi, I’m Jo, Finished treatment on September 10th this year, had surgery, chemo, radio and now on the lovely tamoxifen. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday, 😊
rebeccacobb

Hi ladies I’m Beccy, (Instagram - beccy_crazy_life). Just turned 25, TNBC in remission. Chemo and bilateral mastectomy. Still having active surgery due to complications.

Very nervous about attended but looking forward to making new friends and meeting new faces. Hope to see you all soon. Lots of love 😊
EmmaM78

Hi, I’m Emma and I was on maternity leave when I was diagnosed last October. I’ve had chemo, a mastectomy, a lymph node clearance and now radiotherapy. I’m having treatment next Friday morning in Leicester, so I may be a little late, but I think it’s a good excuse! Looking forward to meeting you all x
CazH1975

Hi everyone, I’m Caroline and finished active treatment in March this year and now taking the delightful tamoxifen for the next 10 years! I’ve had a lumpectomy, chemo and radio, in fact a year ago tomorrow was my first chemo. I’m looking forward to meeting you all as more often than not I was the youngest whenever I was in hospital X
HanImps

Hello ladies! I’m Hannah, 35 from Cambridge and I was diagnosed with stage 1 grade 3 triple negative breast cancer at the end of April this year. I’ve just finished 7 cycles of chemotherapy (PC and EC + Partner trial) and am due to have a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction at the beginning of November. I’m nervous about this event but I’m also looking forward to meeting you all and sharing our experiences. 🙂 xx
Andonumber1

Hi ladies, I’m Amanda😃I finished my treatment August 17, having had lumpectomy, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I’m looking forward to meeting you all next week. Have a good week and good luck with treatment ladies 💪🏻 X
SJPrior

Ps I’m happy to travel with any ladies getting the train from Nottingham x
SJPrior

Hi Cherie. Best of luck for your last chemo today. Hopeall goes well x
Sarah_uk89

Hi I’m Sarah, I’m 29. (sarah.hearn89 on Instagram). I was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer 2 months after my wedding and I underwent a mastectomy with temporary tissue expander in April this year. My cancer was ER positive, HER negative.
I’m really rather nervous about next week as the only other person I know who has had breast cancer is my auntie but she’s in her 50s, she’s been a great support but I’m looking forward to meeting women more my age. I’ve spoken to a few people on social media but haven’t actually been to any groups or anything like this before as I didn’t feel ready. I’m looking forward to meeting all you lovely ladies though and sharing our experiences x
CharlotteL

Hi 😊 Im Charlotte. Im really looking forward to meeting everyone and I hope we have a fun couple of days! (I'm similar to some of the comments above - 5 months chemo, mastectomy + lymph node clearance, then radio and now tamox and zoladex) xxx
SJPrior

Oops sorry for the typos 😀
SJPrior

Hi everyone. My name is Sarah. I finished active treatment in August 2017 and had a mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy. I had TUG Flap reconstruction in May this year andneed a further operation soon asa few ‘tweaks’ are required. I’m looking forward to meeting you all x
lalalottier

If anyone is interested in wigs etc, Good Housekeeping interviewed and today published this aricle...https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/health/a23644808/finding-the-right-wig-chemotherapy-advice-suppo...

lalalottier

Hi, I'm Lottie (@pomegranatepeachesartist on Instagram) . I'm coming with Rachael, we started chemo at the same time and became friends. I am however extremely nervous and have cancelled coming to the evening meal on the friday night. But I will try to be there both days. I've just turned 34 and have completed chemo, double mastectomy and radiotherapy. Due a full hysterectomy next year and recon. How is everyone?

Hayden13

Hi everyone I'm Claire and I finished active treatment last year. I was in two minds whether to attend or not as I get very nervous meeting new people. I was also wondering how the ladies from Nottingham were intending to travel to Leicester xx
Laurie_j

Good luck with chemo tomorrow 💪🏻 Xx
Laurie_j

Hiya!! I’m laurie! I’m done with treatment now...but oh boy I could feel the heat today....hot flushes have tripled!! Looking forward to see you guys next week 🙂 xxx
Jenny81

Thank you. Yeah just taking it easy today. Yeah hot flushes are not fun! I am taking the goserlin injection every month to suppress my ovaries while I’m havkng chemo, so have had hot flushes for the last three months. I would say I have got used to it...but not sure if that’s the case! it’s not pleasant!! Hope your chemo session goes ok. Look forward to seeing you next Friday x
Cherielouise81

Hi Jenny81 I hope your feeling as well as can be expected after treatment yesterday 😊 I’ve just had my steroids today so I’m hot flushes galore 😓 Stay strong and get plenty of rest xx
Jenny81

Hi, I’m currently going through chemotherapy, i had a treatment yesturday. So I should be feeling ok by next weekend. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Cherielouise81

Thanks Steph.. Hello to everyone 😊 it’s true I’m a little nervous about coming on my own but looking forward to it.. I have my last chemotherapy tomorrow so 🤞 il be on form for the 19th.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and making some new friends x
Stephanie_BCC

Booked a place on the Younger Women Together event in Leicester?

Younger Women Together in Leicester
                                                                  19/20 October 2018

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Forum in Leicester but worried about going alone? Considering booking a place but not sure?

Every year we receive queries from women, including concerns about coming along to the Forum on their own. Feedback from previous forums has said how helpful it was to talk on the Forums before the event.
This thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the Forum. I will check in regularly and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you next week
Steph