cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grade 3 Will I need Chemo?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Grade 3 Will I need Chemo?

Hi. I've just turned 39 and started my journey in January. Thankfully I only needed one surgery to get margins clear. My tumour was a grade three (invasive) and they only deened it stage 2 due to the tumors being 22mm in size. 

There was never a discussion that didnt involve chemo. I knew from the original diagnosis even though my lymph gland are clear.  Hope this helps the journey ahead may gave a few bumps in the road buy strength gets you over them and carry one. Xx

Highlighted

Re: Grade 3 Will I need Chemo?

Hi EM39,

Thank you for your message and apologies that you haven't received a reply yet. You might like to get in touch with our breast care nurses on our free Helpline, 0808 800 6000, about any concerns or questions you may have. Our Helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm.

Wishing you all the very best,

Bernadette 

Highlighted

Grade 3 Will I need Chemo?

Hi,

Just looking for info on other peoples treatment.  I'm 39, I've just had 2nd surgery to remove 8mm IDC as the margins aren't clear - hopefully will be now.  It is grade 3 but luckily no lymph nodes involved (3 removed in SNB).

My consultant says I won't need chemo as there were no lymph nodes with cancer in them, but I've been reading some things that in younger women with grade 3, oncologist may suggest chemo?  

Anyone else with similar - would love to hear your story/treatment.

thanks xx