66894members
353054posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Periods after Zoladex, when did they return ? If at all ?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Periods after Zoladex, when did they return ? If at all ?

Hello Mandy,

It's been a while since you wrote this message, but I hope you'll respond.

I am 33 years old and 2 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I have made mastectomy, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, tamoxifen and zoladex. This month I gave up treatment in the hope of getting a baby. Tell me about yourself, how are you. what happened during that time. 

You can also write to me at sufletzelmicsiroz@yahoo.com

Thank you,

XOXO

Highlighted

Hi, 

I was on zoladex for 5 months last year. I hated it so came off and had my last injection in June 2017. My periods returned with avengance in Dec 2017. I haven't missed one since. I am 31. 

Hope that helps. 

Esther

Highlighted

Just updating in case this is of use to anyone in the future. After stopping zoladex and continuing tamoxifen, my periods did not resume until I stopped tamoxifen 4 wks ago. (46, no chemo). Ultrasounds have shown normal ovarian activity. Still a bit early to tell other changes but hope the post is useful to someone else as I have found it so hard to find information and of course it's also individual.
Highlighted

Oops: meant premenopausal...
Highlighted

Hi. I have had a similar post going. I'm now a yr and a half post zoladex but still on tamoxifen. I'm older than you but my tests suggest I'm still menopausal. A study I read indicated variation as to periods on tamoxifen (some women have no change, others are sporadic, or more or stop altogether whilst on it). Some women even get pregnant on it without periods (not a good idea), so just because you're not getting them does not mean you will have fertility issues. I see a fertility clinic and they've said tests can be quite unreliable. Try not worry. You'll know how things go when you stop all the meds. Xo
Highlighted

Hi Dezdi, 

I am sorry you are going through this difficult time and I am sure some users will be along to show their support soon.

In the meantime please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to help answer some of your questions about finishing tamoxifen and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

You may also want to take a look at this facebook group for younger women with breast cancer. It is called the Younger Breast Cancer Network.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Highlighted

Hi Mandy.
I am the same situation then you were. I am 29 and went through chemo radio zoladex as well. I am just finished tratement and will start tamoxifen for the next 5years. I am woundering how are you and that you got a baby. I saw your post is really old but hoping you will answer. I havent really seen anybody here who were my age.
many thanks
Dezdi
Highlighted

hi
i had zoladex last year for 5 months, not related to breast cancer treatment, when the flushes stopped my periods came back, and i am of menopausal age but it still didnt bring on the menopause . it did take a while to go out of my system.
hope this helps
angie x
Highlighted

Periods after Zoladex, when did they return ? If at all ?

Hey all, wonder if any of your can help,

I was dx at 28 years old over 6 years ago now. I had lumpectomy, chemo, rads, Tamoxifen and Zoladex.
My periods continued all through chemo and Tamoxifen hence the start of Zoladex (which I was on for the last 2 years off treatment).

I have now under the instruction of my onc been told it is safe to come off all meds. I was due my next 3 monthly Zoladex injection last October. Which I did not have as it was no longer needed.

I assumed as Zoladex was the only thing that stopped my periods that they would soon return after stopping it. It has been over 6 months now and nothing I am even still getting daily hot flushes, although no where near as bad as they were.

I am clinging to the hope that they will return as my husband and I are desperate for a baby.

Are any of you in the same situation ?
How long did it take for your periods to return after Zoladex ?
Were there any symptoms that they were on their way or any symptoms that maybe the real menapause has set in ?
Please help,
Thanks lots
Mandy xx