Booked a place on the Younger Women Together event in London?

Booked a place on the Younger Women Together event in London?

Younger Women Together in London

Booked a place on the Younger Women Together event in London but worried about going alone?
Every year we receive queries from women, including concerns about coming along to the Forum on their own. Feedback from previous forums has said how helpful it was to talk on the Forums before the event.
This thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the Forum. I will check in regularly and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.
Look forward to meeting you at the weekend.
Steph

Hello, My name is Rebecca. I’m a London-based mum of 3 who finished treatment for stage 3 lobular Ca in December last year. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday! 

R

Hi everyone!

My names is Michelle. I’m 36.

Im Irish but have lived in London for 13 years now.   I work in a secondary school.  Been married just over 2 years now with no kids (yet. Hopefully.) 

I went through through treatment for grade 3 stage 2 TNBC from May to December last year. 

I had booked to attend this event this time last year, but that was a bit ambitious as I had just finished chemo and was starting radiotherapy at the time, so I cancelled back then. 

Looking forward to meeting you all on Friday. 

Hi ladies, I’m Kelsey, I’m 39 and a mum of three. I live in London and am in the midst of my chemo now. I have done three ECs so far and have 12 Taxol+herceptins and my double mastectomy yet to go. I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that my health holds enough for me to be there as I’m really keen to go! x

Hi I’m Vicki from Somerset, currently half way through treatment having had chemo and surgery now waiting for my radiotherapy to start. Looking forward to meeting you all on Friday X

Hi everyone,

My name is Michelle, I’m 34 and traveling to the event on Friday 4th from the Isle of Wight. Hope I get there in time! 

I’m a single mum of three. I was diagnosed in August last year, I’ve had all my chemo, surgery and rads but am still undergoing IV herceptin and pertuzemab.

Looking forward to meeting you all but really anxious about it at the same time 

Hi my name is Julia and I’m 37, I have two young children, I was diagnosed with Her-2 positive breast cancer in March, I had chemo and surgery and will be having radiotherapy soon. I’m coming from Bournemouth, look forward too meeting everyone. 

Hi Ladies,

I’m Roz, from Southwest London. I’m 35 and I have BRCA1. I just finished treatment for TNBC 3 weeks ago! So still experiencing some side effects of chemo but definitely have enough energy to attend. Really looking forward to meeting you all soon :slight_smile:

Hi ladies

I’m Sarah from Wiltshire (Swindon) a mum to one (12), step mum to two (22&26), wife, daughter, sister amongst other things!

I went through the majority of my treatment last year for HER2+ Invasive ductal BC which inc 7 rounds of chemo, 2 lumpectomys and 3wks radiotherapy plus a further 14 rounds of herceptin injections which finished in March ‘19. 

Looking forward to meeting you all on Friday x

Hi All,

I’m Kaylee, 32, from Luton. I was diagnosed in April 2019 with Stage 2 Multifocal IDC ER+/PR+. I have had a mastectomy and almost completed chemo, only 1 round left!! I have lymph node involvement so will be having further surgery to have them removed and then radiotherapy.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and speaking to others who know what I’m going through. 

See you all Friday! 

Hi everyone,

My name is Naomi. I’m 33 and live in north London (Muswell Hill). I am in the early stages of my treatment - I recently had my second EC cycle. 

Looking forward to meeting you all soon! 

Naomi x

Hello all! 

My names Emily, I am 29 and live in west London. 

I was diagnosed with stage 3c grade 3 ER+ ( I have two breast tumours, underarm lymph nodes and also the nodes in my neck) breast cancer in June 2019 and I am currently undergoing 8 rounds of chemo and have round 6 this Thursday, so fingers crossed I am well enough for Friday! 

So excited to meet you all! 

Lots of love

Emily 

Hello everyone, my name is Ula, I’m 34 years old and  I have 2-year-old son .Im from Maidstone .In December 2018 I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. I have mutations Brac1. In  June I finished my  chemo and Then in    July I had bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. I still feel the side effects of the treatment but it is quite good. I am very excited about The event at   Friday and meet so many brave womens

Hi Guys

I’m Danielle, I’m 35, I’ll be travelling down from the Midlands.

Was diagnosed in June 19 with her2+ and almost  half way through chemo with 4 more rounds to go and then the joys and uncertainty of surgery, radiotherapy, immunotherapy and a decade of tamoxifen.  

Looking forward to meeting everyone and laughing until we cry about this very **bleep**ty club we have all reluctantly joined !

Hi I’m Jo, age 42 (the oldie of the group)?. I live in Snodland and finished treatment for triple negative in January. I’m a busy mum of two young boys. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hello Ladies 

Looking forward to meeting you all Friday! 

September 2018 I was diagnosed with grade 3 Invasive Lobular Carcinoma - an aggressive, fast growing Breast Cancer. What then followed was a 5 month regime of chemotherapy. 3 lots of surgery, including my port. FNC 4 of 13 Lymph nodes infected. 3 weeks of intense radiotherapy, along with further months / years of Zoladex injections with Aromasin. Let’s just say, it’s been an whirlwind of a year - resulting in a new natural curly hairstyle! Sarah.

Hi my name is Suzy from Essex, i was diagnosed last October (on breast cancer awareness day of all days) :frowning: I am a strange one as have multiple tumours which some were her2+ and some were triple negative, stage 3 grade 3. 

I’ve had chemo,  mastectomy with immediate recon, radio and now on herceptin and perjeta until next June.

Looking forward to meeting you all :slight_smile: xxx

Hi ladies

I’m Kath aged 41 from Essex. I completed all my acute treatment for HER+ Lobular bc back in March this year, but am to remain on hormone therapy for a total of 10 years (usual story I’m sure). Although i am really looking forward to Friday, it is also causing me a great deal of anxiety  as I find it difficult meeting new people. I’m thinking we will all be in the same boat though so hanging on to that thought! I have been wanting to meet other younger women for some time but this is a bit hit ‘n’ miss. I have attended some of the support workshops and groups at Maggie’s Cancer centre at Addenbrookes in Cambridge. They have been fab but tend to be older ladies with different cancers, priorities or issues. Looking forward to meeting you all once i’ve pushed past the nerves :) 

Hi Everyone,

I’m Liana, 34, 2 toddlers, London/Essex

Diagnosed with TNBC IDC in April 2019, started treatment July 2019 due to complications, just finished round 4 of AC and starting Carbo/paclitaxel next week for 12 weeks.

Looking forward to meeting you all, I’ll be the ‘one’ in the cap :slight_smile:

Hi All,

I had my chemo today so all being well I shall be there tomorrow! So excited to meet you all! 

Is there anything in particular we need to bring with us at all? 

Thanks

Emily