Mastectomy with immediate sling implant

Hi, I had right mastectomy with immediate sling implant and Nipple left intact, 2 weeks ago. I am 42, slim and B cup so this seemed like best option. I’m healing well and feel the 2 sides are a good match in size in my bra but am finding it difficult to feel happy with how it looks when i’m Naked at the moment. It is a strange tight looking oval shape longest end of oval being left to right. I knew it would look different than my natural breast but it really is nothing like the sort of tear drop shape of my natural breast. Just wondered if anyone who has had this found it to drop down a little and lose the tight unnatural look a little with time? Thank you.

Hi Issy,
I had mx 1st December with immediate reconstruction using a dermal sling, so I don’t know if the type of sling can make a difference. I am/was a 32G so I have a huge difference between my foob and natural breast (getting reduction and lift surgery in a month or so) but at first I found the swelling was so much that they really didn’t look that different in size. 8 weeks on and the swellings gone down a lot and I’ve noticed the shape as changed over the weeks. So you probably find as the swelling reduces and it all settles it’ll drop and change a bit more, hopefully giving you more balance. Good luck with your recovery x

Thank you for your reply. Glad to hear it beds down a bit. X

Ive just been told I have Breast cancer in my right boob.I had Breast cancer 11 yrs ago and had a full mastectomy on my left boob.The surgeon was to do reconstruction on my right Breast with a implant can anyone give me any feedback to how they felt when having this procedure done.

They will always look a bit different but you do get used to it…mine has dropped a little over time…I had a skin sparing mastectomy with expander…