I have just been reading everyone's update - so here is mine. This week, on Thursday, should have been my 12th Herceptin and Taxol. Instead, I haven't actually had Taxol, only herceptin for the last 5 treatments and today it was confirmed that I won't be having more. They have been trying to decide for ages if I had a slipped disk issue or a neuropathy issue as I have had such extreme pain in my hip back and leg and also my knee to toes on one leg isn't working properly. After having CTs they finally confimed that I have a nasty herniated disk and they think that the Taxol was making the pain worse (yeah - I told them that 5 weeks ago:)). So no more chemo for me. I now have 5 weeks of head fluff. I feel like I am living at the hosital though as stil going weekly for Herceptin and seem to be there all the time. Sunday I had my appointment with the radiothepry dr who wa lovely. She exaplined the options which look like 4 weeks or more likely 6 weeks of radio, Sunday to Thursday (70k round trip as usual each time). I am waiting to hear, now I am clear for radio today, if I get to do it now or wait till July as I can't split it over my time in the UK at the end fo June. Today I saw the oncologist to discuss what has happenned and what next (thanks could have done that on the phone). Tomorrow I have to go and see the orthorpeadist as he only works Tuesdays!! Thursday is m last weekly weekly Herceptin. I have Herceptin next week too and then its three weekly after that. So that is me. My pain i much reduced but nerve function is weird. Apparently I wont get any scans or anything at the end of the treatment - they just assume as it was adjuvent treatment that everyting will be fine and I will get annual mamos and twice yearly checks of some type. So I am stil here, chemo done and onwards 🙂 Oh and I may need back surgery!! trying not to think aout that If I dont start radio in the next two weeks I want to travel to Hngary for dental work - I am SO desperate and now hav the all clear to do work.
... View more