Younger Women Together event in Leeds - 22/23 March

Booked a place on the Younger Women Together residential event in Leeds?

Hello
We know it can be helpful to talk on the Forums before coming along, and this thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the event. I will check in and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you.
Steph

7 Likes

Hi Steph, looking forward to it! I’m Rachel (43) had three wide local excisions and will be having radiotherapy. Looking forward to meeting everyone :blush:.

4 Likes

Hiya, I’m Charlie age 33. I was diagnosed in June 2023 with triple negative breast cancer. Finished chemo in November and double (Goldilocks) mastectomy in December. Achieved complete pathological response. Can’t wait to meet everyone :heart:

5 Likes

Hi Everyone

I’m Anne, i turned 43 this week. I was diagnosed last April. Lumpectomy, full axillary clearance, then chemo finished late Nov radio finished around 8 weeks ago.
Really looking forward to meeting you all so much.
Not long to go now
Xxx

4 Likes

Hi Everyone!

Kimberley aged 39 here. I was diagnosed with HER2 Grade 3 in Aug 2023. 8cm tumour with Lymph node involvement.

Chemo finished Jan 24 which was TCHP every 3 weeks. I had wide local excision & lymph node removal Feb 29th. I’ll be 3 weeks from surgery when I attend this event! But I didn’t want to miss it and I’ll get myself there with you all. Healing well anyway, no complications.

Radiotherapy is up next for me and continue with my phesgo immunotherapy providing I achieve PCR, results are still pending.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Kimberley x

4 Likes

Hey I’m really looking forward to this and meeting you all. I’m lucy I am 43, I had triple negative breast cancer a 3cm lump. I’ve had all my chemo and radiotherapy and still having immunotherapy I finish that in august. I had a lumpectomy in November. I am coming over from York x

5 Likes

Hello, Im Hannah from York. I was diagnosed last year at 39 with IDC Triple postive and extensive DCIS so TCHP chemo, mastectomy (elected for a double and remained flat), radiotherapy and now I’m on Kadcyla and exemestane. I’m equal parts anxious/excited about the meet up, the thought of being around a bunch of other women who just ‘get it’ is going to be very comforting I think. See you all next week :heart:

6 Likes

Thanks for creating this thread Steph!
Hey everyone, I’m Ariana and I am 31. I was diagnosed in December 23.
I will be travelling from South Wales and am looking foward to meeting everyone :blush:

4 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I’m Faye, I was diagnosed in october 22, aged 26 with triple negative breast cancer. I had 1 attempt for fertility treatment before having chemo from November 22 until april 23 (finished it the week before my 27th birthday), There were some issues with marking the leftover tumour so my surgery options were abit all over but in the end I had a lumpectomy followed by further surgery june/july 23. I had 15 seesions of radiotherapy in September, then 2 courses of oral chemo October/November 23 but heart complications stopped that treatment.

I attended a moving forward course at the end of January and they suggested I attend this.

Looking forward to meeting you all :blush:

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Sammy aged 45. I was diagnosed in November 23 with TNBC. I had surgery in Jan and started Chemo in Feb. This will be followed by radiotherapy in Jun/Jul. Then I can hopefully start getting back to normal life. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

4 Likes

Hey, I’m Katy 37 from Chesterfield. Diagnosed with IDC grade 3 stage 3 in December 2023. Had a lumpectomy, full node clearance and breast reduction in January and starting chemo in 3 weeks. Looking forward to meeting you all :blush::heart:

4 Likes

Hi I’m Haley 37 coming from Harrogate, I had hormone positive lobular cancer and opted for a masectomy with expander last may. My expander filling port broke after first Mini fill up so I’m very wonky one tiny hard boob and my good ones a dd cup, in menopause and tomoxifen. Awaiting a deip flap reconstruction in the next few months and reduction on good side. Incredibly nervous about the event I haven’t left house alone in over a year but looking forward to meeting you all

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Rose, age 40 and coming up from Sheffield. I was diagnosed with grade 3, HER2 +ve breast cancer last July. Since then i’ve had neoadjuvant chemo followed by a mastectomy at the end of Jan. More recently i’ve had an axillary node clearance and about to start Kadcycla after a partial response to the original chemo. I’m looking forward to meeting you all! x

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Maxine age 38, was diagnosed Jan 2023 with TNBC, had 8 cycles of chemotherapy which ended in August, I had wide local excision and sentinel node biopsy in October, radiotherapy in November and currently still having immunotherapy. I am really nervous about attending.

4 Likes

Hi I’m Nicole. I’m 40 years old. Was diagnosed in august 2023. I had wide local excision and lympth node biopsy in September followed by radiotherapy in December. I am now on tamoxifen which has been advised for the next 10 years. I was extremely lucky that somehow I found a very small lump that no other health professional could feel and because there was clear margins from the surgery and my lympth nodes were negative, I didnt need to have chemo. I’m looking forward to meeting people who’ve had similar experiences and hoping this event will help with the process of moving forward from my BC diagnosis and treatment

4 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I’m Megan, 27 and coming from Harrogate. I was diagnosed when I was 25 at the beginning of 2022, Grade 3 ER+ HER2-. I had fertility preservation, lumpectomy and lymph node axillary followed by 3 rounds of “the Red Devil” and 9 rounds of Paclitaxel. During chemo we got the results that I had the BRCA 1 mutation and had a bilateral mastectomy with Diep reconstruction in October 2022.

I too am very nervous but really excited to meet you all :blush:

5 Likes

Hello loves, my name is Emma (40) I live in Chester. I had triple positive bc diagnosed June 21 finished all active treatment October 22. I’ve had the full shebang chemo, surgery, immunotherapy, rads and tamoxifen. I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone! My Instagram handle is ems_bc.recovery if anyone would like to connect on there and put a face to a name.

3 Likes

Hello you lovely bunch of people,

I’m Sally, i’m 35 and live near York. I was diagnosed with TNBC in December 2022 when I was eight weeks pregnant. I had surgery and chemo, then my baby and then radiotherapy. Writing it down like that makes me wonder how I coped, but it’s amazing what we can do when we have to!

I’m really looking forward to meeting you and spending time with people who will be able to relate to the (few) highs and (many) lows we’ve faced!

4 Likes

Hi Steph. My name is Claire. I am 43. I was diagnosed in Sep 2021 with a large tumour that was also in my lymph nodes. It was a shock to the system as I had been very proactively involved with Breast Cancer prevention services due to having family history. I have had the whole works; Mastectomy, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy and Hysterectomy. I was in one of the first groups of women in the UK to be put on the drug Abemaciclib for reoccurrence risk. I finish my two years of that in a few months. I am looking forward to getting back to something resembling ‘normal life’ soon. I am
Really looking forward to this event and meeting you all.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone. I’m Emily. I’m 46 and was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016. I am one of the volunteers attending the YWT event. Having attended the event as a service user in 2017, I know it can be really nerve-wracking, but it was the most positive and empowering day. I am really excited to meet you, but in the meantime, if you have any questions, I will try to help where I can. Have a good week.
Emily

8 Likes