Weight loss during chemo

Hi, I’m day 13 of my first cycle and despite eating really well, am losing weight. Had the first few days when I had the effects of the steroids and put on about 5lbs but since then my weight is steadily decreasing and I’m now a few lbs lighter than I was when I started chemo. Don’t really understand it as have been reasonably lucky with side effects so far and am eating a lot. I’m going to speak to the breast care nurse this morning but I wondered whether anyone else has had this? I’ve always been on the slim side so the weight loss isn’t actually very welcome!

@Daisy79   Hi. I finished chemo in January 2022, but I generally found that on a three week cycle I used to lose weight in the first week.  At worst I lost 5kg in 10 days.  I was eating but probably not as much as usual but I think, for me, a lot of the weight lose was fluid.  I drank a lot to flush through chemo and combine that with chemo drugs being dehydrating and I was peeing a lot during the day and the night during that first week.  I generally found that I was putting most but not always all of the weight back on during the next two weeks and was almost back at starting weight when next cycle of chemo was due.  At the end of chemo I had lost the grand total of 2kg.  I used to let me chemo nurses know and they checked my weight throughout just in case I was losing weight and not putting it back on as the drug volume is based in part on your weight, so do mention it to them and keep mentioning it if it is an ongoing thing.  Take care and I hope it all goes well for you.